Thread: Stalling when in D

Fuel Injected!

Stalling when in D

Ok, I remorted this before, but I finally got the time.
    I've transplanted a 16197427 onto a old IH.
    It'll idle, with some hunting, in neutral. but nothing too terrible. It ran "fine" before I put a cam in it. Now with added lumpyness it dies.

It's of course going into an auto (727), and it always thinks it is in drive.

I'm including an idle log and a log of me shifting it into D and it dying.

In this bin, I lowered the idle point to 650rpm because of the viscous coupling. I had been raising it to smooth it out. But this just made it more pronounced because it was trying to grab harder.
    I have also done some tweaks to the BLMs since I logged this, to just pull some fuel out at idle.

But the timing and everything else should be the same.
    Last edited by Scorp1us; 09-15-2014 at 03:24 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    here are the logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Did you properly set the IAC and the base timing ?
    Also it looks to me as if it's running under load at idle , the 60KPA reading.
    Also what injectors/pressure are you running cause it seems to me as if it's running rich all the time.
    BTW you said this is going into an auto in an old IH, did you switch the bin file from auto to manual transmission?

Fuel Injected!
    I have some questions to that.

Let's take them one by one:
    Did you properly set the IAC and the base timing ?
    I have no idea how to set the IAC on a 7427. What I did do was adjust the throttle set screw out until it read ~35-40 steps. It never adjusted fluidly. At the same time, the TPS read .4 volts (just below 5) and the throttle percent was at 0, and screwing the set screw in more changed it to above zero

I disconnected the spark advance and set distributor timing to zero., reconnected and reset the computer.

Also what injectors/pressure are you running cause it seems to me as if it's running rich all the time.
    350 (5.7L) injectors in my 345 (5.6), not sure my PSI, but like I said I pulled some fuel out of that tune. That was my old tune from before being rebuilt.
    BTW you said this is going into an auto in an old IH, did you switch the bin file from auto to manual transmission?
    No, I did not. But I can set that flag. What will it change?

I don't know why it would be under load. Unless I need to go slower for my viscous coupling. If I convert that to inHg, it's 17, which I thought was acceptable? What should it be?

Last edited by Scorp1us; 09-15-2014 at 05:52 AM.