Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: s-10 283 tbi conversion

Fuel Injected!
    While it was running there was no errors that I saw. The prom problem I had earlier is gone with the new bin. It ran for a good 5 mins without it shutting off. I do remember eaglemark had me disable Aldl mode. I see there there are some newer definition files. Think ill check them out

Fuel Injected!
    So reviewed some of my old posts and forgot to switch the switch on the autoprom to disable aldl

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime371 View Post
    So reviewed some of my old posts and forgot to switch the switch on the autoprom to disable aldl
    I use an Ostrich 2, not Autoprom. I always stop the data log before I turn off the engine.

I think knowing the exact injector flow is always a good plan when figuring the BPW.

Glad to hear the new .bin is helping.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    So I got aldl mode disabled...now I should get good blms but still they dont move off 128...this painless wiring isnt so painless..lol...and to boot after 5 mins of wrming it up it goes into limp mode again...very strange

Fuel Injected!
    Alright went back to bone stock ecu and chip...ran for another 10 mins or so and finnaly the blms started changing...the modded ecu must have an issue...gonna take a look at it and see if there some solder where there shouldnt be any..

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime371 View Post
    Alright went back to bone stock ecu and chip...ran for another 10 mins or so and finnaly the blms started changing...the modded ecu must have an issue...gonna take a look at it and see if there some solder where there shouldnt be any..
    Good plan.

Usually BLM's will be 128 until the ECM goes closed loop.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    yes once it goes closed loop then blms are now moving!!... did another couple logs.. got another ecu modded and warmed up and ran for 15 mins.. no problems with prom or limp mode like befor so i think im good that way... blms mostly pegged at 108 so im gussing thats to rich.. backfires through carb when a rev is attemted. i checked to make sure distibutor is timed at 0 like it should be. anyway it dont stay closed loop.. does for a while then goes open and then goes closed again..If you could take a look at the logs and maybe we can adjust the bin a bit.. i did 1 log after the other and the engine never was shut off between them..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    you might try this bin, it is for a 262 standard trans.it may lean your blms ? I changed the cylinder count to 8 I don't know about changing to aa to use a auto prom.

Fuel Injected!
    changing the mask id i believe was only for the bpw/tps/spark advance hack for definition file. id be happy to try it but i dont see a file posted..

Fuel Injected!
    sorry about that.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    sorry about that.
    That might not be a good plan. See attached screen shot showing the BPW calculations V6 vs. V8 for the posted fair 4 a 262.bin file.

Changing the cylinder number from 6 cylinders to 8 cylinders might or might not have the same effect on the actual BPW?

I think the ECM is going to supply a BPW of 181 for an 8 cylinder engine, that would extremely rich!

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    I never thought about that, I did see a rich o2 code in his data log it never went below .500 .

Fuel Injected!
    that is a good bin for my truck,i would love to have a auto prom or ostrich to tune on the fly.probly around 155-160 bpw would be about a starting point for a 283 v8 with this bin.

Fuel Injected!
    I took a look at this bin and seams the tables would be pushing way to much fuel unless your running a ton of advance. what is the fuel pressure you are running with this bin ony? im at 16psi at idle and it drops to 14psi when revved...and thats with the stock spring...it wont go any lower with the adjustable regulator...the injector sizing spreed sheet says the orange injectors flow 61 of fuel... i dont have any others to use so with 16psi of fuel pressure that should give me a bpw around 113 to start with. the spark table matches the headls im using but not the cam so im sure theres some tweeking needed there. the knock counts are low so perhaps i should pull some fuel out and add some advance to my bin. what would ya normaly do first adjust fuel or spark??

Fuel Injected!
    I would adjust the blms then add or subtract timming. when you first start your engine watch the o2 voltage and see if it is below .445, in your data log I never seen it go below .500. it my be because it is running rich or the o2 sensor might be going out.i have 12psi fuel that bin is for a v6 I wasn't thinking I thought 283 was closer to 262 than 305.