Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: $0d Code with turbo, boost

Quote Originally Posted by 96lt4c4 View Post
    OK cool, that confirms what I am seeing then.

Took it out for a quick drive today after work to log some wide band data and maybe try to get my VE a little closer. Seems like I am having issues getting my VE dialed in. Its rich at idle and lean at cruise. I have made some small changes but they don't seem to be doing anything.

Do you guys know if the injector duty cycle would still be correct going from TBI to MPFI? If it is I may be maxing out my injectors...LOL. I am getting 100% duty cycle at 5200 RPM. Also would it make sense for my VE to go over 100% in the boost areas? Seems like it should right? Right now I am just riching it up in the PE AFR table.

Awww....VE table wont take anything over 100%, just tried. I think this is why you have to fudge the injector constant.
    I think Wide Band data in the data log would be very helpful. Maybe a good plan going forward would be Open Loop tuned with Wide Band in the data log?

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I think Wide Band data in the data log would be very helpful. Maybe a good plan going forward would be Open Loop tuned with Wide Band in the data log?

dave w
    I don't know, I am going to play with it some this weekend. For the most part the truck is running really good. I took a couple more degrees of timing out of it. I was getting a little knock at 100 KPA (no boost) no knock at all under boost that I can hear. I know when the weather warms up this thing is going to be a whole different animal. I really need to get a MAT installed as well. Also need to put the knock sensor back on. Truck has not had one for years.

I would really like to keep the thing in closed loop if at all possible, don't really see why that cant be done, its running that way now and makes fuel corrections.

-1999 Hugger Orange SS, LS2 402 T56, 9 inch Ford 3.90 gears, Tuned with HP Tuners
    -2002 Cavalier, Tuned with HP Tuners
    -1994 Full Size Blazer ,383 TBI 4L60E, 4.10's, Tuned with Tunerpro RT (Where it all began)

BOOM!

Building a new motor, adding a MAT sensor and putting the knock sensor back on, but I need a V8 Memcal, mine is V6. Anybody have one?

I let a friend borrow the stock one out of my truck, was tuning for him, and his truck caught fire with my memcal in it....years ago... I have been running a V6 memcal since with knock disabled.....

-1999 Hugger Orange SS, LS2 402 T56, 9 inch Ford 3.90 gears, Tuned with HP Tuners
    -2002 Cavalier, Tuned with HP Tuners
    -1994 Full Size Blazer ,383 TBI 4L60E, 4.10's, Tuned with Tunerpro RT (Where it all began)

OUCH$$$

I think you should strongly consider "Tuned OPEN LOOP". The VE Table in "Tune OPEN LOOP" is adjusted the same was as an running engine closed loop. BLM's are not as accurate as AFR data. The '7427 still uses the VE tables in OPEN LOOP.

dave w