Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: $0d Code with turbo, boost

-1999 Hugger Orange SS, LS2 402 T56, 9 inch Ford 3.90 gears, Tuned with HP Tuners
    -2002 Cavalier, Tuned with HP Tuners
    -1994 Full Size Blazer ,383 TBI 4L60E, 4.10's, Tuned with Tunerpro RT (Where it all began)

Fuel Injected!
    be very carefull with that before turbo flexi joiner if its stainless weave inside you should only use coviluted pipe internal ones or you will end up with all the stainless wire inside your turbine housing the hot and cold cycles snap the wires and it turns into a ball and ends up in the turbo looking like a steelo scrub pad LOL

Fuel Injected!
    if youre lucky only one end lets go kills power real fast but less damage

Quote Originally Posted by delcowizzid View Post
    if youre lucky only one end lets go kills power real fast but less damage
    I researched that, only stainless wire on the outside.

-1999 Hugger Orange SS, LS2 402 T56, 9 inch Ford 3.90 gears, Tuned with HP Tuners
    -1994 Full Size Blazer ,383 TBI 4L60E, 4.10's, Tuned with Tunerpro RT (Where it all began)

Fuel Injected!
    Looks great!! Bet it sounds great too.

Still looking for some info on the possibility of running a 2 bar map. Any ideas?

Alright guys, I have this thing back up and running on the 2 BAR map and so far its running pretty good. I did this yesterday and did not have a whole lot of time to do any VE tuning but its driveable.

Sat night I studied the hack and found 2 parameters that I thought might help make this possible. The main one is at 5D06 and is labeled "BARO sensor at 0 press" the stock setting is .55 mvdc. The way I take this is the voltage the PCM is looking for at zero pressure. Well the 2 BAR at 0 is 2.25 vdc. So I changed that. The other parameter I found, which I am not really sure needs to be changed is at 5D05 "BARO SENSOR VOLTAGE CHANGE PER KPA" stock is 53 mvdc.

So I have a .xdf and .adx file setup to log boost. Its show's boost, 2 BAR KPA and 1 BAR KPA as if the stock 1 bar map was still installed. It also shows MAP voltage. I also have the Data Trace features working on the Timing and VE tables VS. the 2 BAR map and it seems to be accurate on the timing but I am not real sure about the VE. I have read that you need to halve your VE table, which I am trying to figure out if am using half or the whole thing. Is there anyway to log what VE percentage the PCM is using? The data trace shows that I am using the entire table but I am not sure if that's correct. I do know the timing is spot on by comparing my data log to the data trace. Which VE and timing are both MAP VS RPM, I cant figure out why one would use the whole table and the other not.

I also lowered the injector constant to give me more fuel, so this bin is just a starting point.

If you don't mind to take a look at what I have and let me know what you think

When you guys talk about halving the VE table, are you talking about halving it because the upper half is now used for boost? As in the PCM still uses the whole table but now where you had the whole table for 0-100 KPA you now have the whole table for 0-200 KPA. Lower half no boost, upper half boost.

Or the computer only uses half the table and you now have 0-200 KPA crammed in the lower half of the table?

If the first is correct then thats the same resolution as the stock $58 code. I don't see a problem there. If the second is correct then that kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by 96lt4c4 View Post
    When you guys talk about halving the VE table, are you talking about halving it because the upper half is now used for boost? As in the PCM still uses the whole table but now where you had the whole table for 0-100 KPA you now have the whole table for 0-200 KPA. Lower half no boost, upper half boost.
    Thats the way I understand it as well.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

I don't think it will be exactly have. I don't think the "boost" will achieve 5VDC. Maybe the "boost" will send to the PCM something in the range of 3.8 ~ 4.2 VDC?

dave w

Dave, it depends on how much boost is being used. If there is 15PSIG+ of boost then the (2 BAR) MAP sensor will go to or very near 5V, which would be full scale.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Dave, it depends on how much boost is being used. If there is 15PSIG+ of boost then the (2 BAR) MAP sensor will go to or very near 5V, which would be full scale.
    I agree, it will depend on how much boost.

Below is a conversion I did, Inches Mercury (In Hg) to Kpa. The MAP voltages are from based on the data provided at http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/mapsensor.htm

In my thinking Non Boost is going to measured from 0 VDC to about 2.5 VDC. I think it's not be the best system for using a 2 Bar MAP, because only half of the VE table is used for Non Boost. I think having some VE Table for Boost is much better than not having any VE Table for Boost.

dave w

If you're worried about resolution, don't be.

I use $59, which uses a 3 BAR MAP sensor and have never found that I needed more resolution. Granted there are more overall points, but to be honest I think that the amount of tunable points in the $59 VE table is overkill.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    If you're worried about resolution, don't be.

I use $59, which uses a 3 BAR MAP sensor and have never found that I needed more resolution. Granted there are more overall points, but to be honest I think that the amount of tunable points in the $59 VE table is overkill.
    OK cool, that confirms what I am seeing then.

Took it out for a quick drive today after work to log some wide band data and maybe try to get my VE a little closer. Seems like I am having issues getting my VE dialed in. Its rich at idle and lean at cruise. I have made some small changes but they don't seem to be doing anything.

Do you guys know if the injector duty cycle would still be correct going from TBI to MPFI? If it is I may be maxing out my injectors...LOL. I am getting 100% duty cycle at 5200 RPM. Also would it make sense for my VE to go over 100% in the boost areas? Seems like it should right? Right now I am just riching it up in the PE AFR table.

Awww....VE table wont take anything over 100%, just tried. I think this is why you have to fudge the injector constant.

Fuel Injected!
    this is why you halve all your ve values and fudge the injector constant as ve cant go over 100%.closed loop probably wont have a chance of working any good disable all closed loop and run pure open loop.the tune will probably change a lot day to day being so fudged