Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TBI stroker SBC tune

Fuel Injected!
    You need to look up DynamicEFI.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfarr67 View Post
    You need to look up DynamicEFI.
    funny you should say that I was close anyway, I just ordered it.

I just pulled the ECM and noticed I had written on it that the ECM went wacky in feb 2012 and gave three codes, one of which matched the ones I just pulled from it. So I don't think I have wiring issue, I put one of my spares in.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Take the Harris chip out and burn it!!! It will never run right with it. Then get to adding timing. Switching to Vortec heads REQUIRES 6-8* more timing nearly across the board compared to TBI heads. The big carb intake takes up to double the AE fuel which can only be tweaked in the chip. Then you need to look at BPWC and VE tables.

You will also never get anywhere with 12 psi and 65# injectors. Try more like 26-30 psi.
    I'm up to 9 degrees base and the more I add the better it runs, no sign of ping even running low 12.5 psi. 14.7 at cruise, around town driving ain't bad, WOT is flat. Tuning will start when the EBL Flash goes in. it will be a new deck of cards then, I know to use plenty of SA.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrhead View Post
    I'm up to 9 degrees base and the more I add the better it runs, no sign of ping even running low 12.5 psi. 14.7 at cruise, around town driving ain't bad, WOT is flat. Tuning will start when the EBL Flash goes in. it will be a new deck of cards then, I know to use plenty of SA.
    When you get the EBL installed you will understand why you need more pressure. You will find your injectors are static from about 3,200 rpm or so. When your injectors go static, they are impossible to control and your engine will start to breakup, similar to if you had an ignition issue.

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah, I'm sure I'll need more pressure, This stock chip was super rich at 20 psi.