Thread: BCC Usage/Application?

Fuel Injected!

BCC Usage/Application?

Hi All,

Is there a good place to find the application details for a given BCC? I know the BCC Lookup table etc states the PCM model number, the year of the vehicle, trans type and other basics but can one find more details somewhere... like CA emissions, what specific vehicle it actually went in etc?

Thanks!

Administrator
    Hi, Kevin.

I wrote an application called BCCFind that will look up that info. If you post a BCC I can check it. I used to have a version of BCCFind hosted here but our hosting service changed *something* and the application is no longer functional. I truly hope to get it working one of these days but life seems to get in the way.

Fuel Injected!
    Hi! Sounds like you have too many projects! At least one project too many!

Does BCCFind just look up the info from Scott Hanson's BCC Lookup doc or does it contain more info than that?

I am looking for all the 454 BCC's from 1994 - and what they were used for. I have all the BCC's actually already- but I hate to have you look up that many....

Administrator
    No problem looking up those calibrations. I have another program written just for reverse searches which uses a larger database than Scott's file. I've included all L19 calibrations for 1994 model year.

As an aside, it's always fun when a new calibration surfaces. Notice this one with a 65 mph governor from a G van with 7.4 engine:
    BCC= BHDJ4640 Scan id= 4725 Part number= 16194639
    Release date= 05/18/93 Engine size= 7.4 Trans Type= all/no listing
    ECM/PCM: PCM #16196395
    Used in trucks: GMC
    Possibly used in:
    G30 VAN,2WD,1 TON G35 VAN,2WD,1 TON

Options:
    With 9C2 GOVERNOR ELECT. SPEED SENSOR 65 MPH
    With L19 7.4L GAS 8 CYL TBI V8
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks!! I am looking forward to going through this data when I get a few minutes. I am basically still trying to find a 454 bin that makes the most sense to copy into my $0D mask bin. Thanks for the help!!!

Administrator
    Happy to help.

You can use gmpartsdirect.com and partsvoice.com to look up the calibrations by part number. In more than one case I've found one ton truck cals available new for short money.