Thread: Deciding on what icm to buy.

Fuel Injected!

Deciding on what icm to buy.

So i am having trouble deciding what icm to buy.The two i am deciding on are the dynamod icm and the acdelco d1943a icm which i believe is a 369 module. What are the pros and cons? I cannot find much info on the dynamod. Does anyone currently use either module or have used them in the past? How long have they lasted for you? Have you noticed any improvements with the longer dwell in the dynamod? Is the dynamod basically a 369 just with more dwell? Thanks.
    Last edited by joegreen; 09-05-2014 at 06:29 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    i think i am going to skip on those two modules. My truck is not high performance so i don't think the dynamod would do much or anything with a stock ignition setup. I am going to save some cash and find a 369 module from the junk yard. ill probably pick up 2 so i can have a spare. i don't think there is but is there any way to tell if a icm is bad at the junk yard?

Fuel Injected!
    I don't know of an easy way to check. I just look for a vehicle that has an obvious reason why it's in the junkyard. Wrecks, overheats, massive oil leaks, harnesses with multiple shoddy repairs repairs are good indications of why it's there and that the other parts may be good. If there's nothing obvious, it's a crap shoot.

Most yards give a 30 day warranty for free, so just get it marked on the way out and test it when you get home.
    1973 K-5 Blazer, TBI 350, TH400, 1 ton axles & 38" SSRs'
    1975 280Z, TBI 350, 700R4
    1953 M-38A1, TBI Buick 231
    1951 Ford Panel, 5.3 with 4L80E