Thread: Learning curve

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    thanks for the feedback, I have 2 299s and I think a 7747, and one from a 1989 stick vehicle. I'll look into 7427 availability.

Fuel Injected!
    OMG there are a million 7427 available, do I need to be concerned with the four digit cal code, or is that overwritten when tuned? if they offer more range and options I think I'll grab one.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrhead View Post
    OMG there are a million 7427 available, do I need to be concerned with the four digit cal code, or is that overwritten when tuned? if they offer more range and options I think I'll grab one.
    You need one out of a 5.7L V8 or atleast a memcal from a 5.7L V8. The knock filter and LHM settings will be wrong if you were to use a V6 or 305 memcal.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    You need one out of a 5.7L V8 or atleast a memcal from a 5.7L V8. The knock filter and LHM settings will be wrong if you were to use a V6 or 305 memcal.
    Thx, I'll keep that in mind.

BTW, WBO2 is installed, currently running 299 with stock chip, 14 psi w/ 65# injectors, rich in open loop, mixture not half bad in closed loop cruise. Leans a tad rich, 14.5 with crossovers at cruise. Narrow band sensor attached to ECM is in the left header, heater not hooked up yet, mixture as picked up by WB is rich at idle, appears NB falling asleep.

Logging must wait until a misfire, which seems to start out as sporadic at 2500RPM but becomes a dead jug at 3000 RPM and up is figured out. New coil, wires, cap rotor next. Real noticeable with a standard trans.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrhead View Post
    Thx, I'll keep that in mind.

BTW, WBO2 is installed, currently running 299 with stock chip, 14 psi w/ 65# injectors, rich in open loop, mixture not half bad in closed loop cruise. Leans a tad rich, 14.5 with crossovers at cruise. Narrow band sensor attached to ECM is in the left header, heater not hooked up yet, mixture as picked up by WB is rich at idle, appears NB falling asleep.

Logging must wait until a misfire, which seems to start out as sporadic at 2500RPM but becomes a dead jug at 3000 RPM and up is figured out. New coil, wires, cap rotor next. Real noticeable with a standard trans.
    If you are running long tube headers and 02 sensors in the collectors, your primary o2 sensor needs to be a 3-wire heated design. If you are running a 1-wire sensor without heater it can cool down too much at idle, become inacurate and then stop cross counting at all.

Fuel Injected!
    yeah I put in a heated one, as recommended by Harris, but never connected the heat, next on list.
    Tri-y headers with single exhaust from Stans, high flow cat, etc.
    I'm at the do it yourself point with tuning now though.