Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1986 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    I didn't know that it wouldn't work. iam not up on the165 ecm on a 747 you would change crank afr ratio. if you have a slightly under charge battery or a starter dragging a little it will have to crank longer to start , hot or cold. iam not saying that is what is happening.
    battery charge is good and I don't believe the $32B has a crank AFR table.

Fuel Injected!
    I was looking at 32b there is 3 thing that could affect your starting but the definition file lists them as n/a . crank fuel mutiplyer vs paluse,crank fuel pulse width vs coolent temp,crank fuel pulse with vs tps. they are at the bottom of tables in tuner pro. your tuner might be able to change them or some one here on gear head. zedrated you can change them tables I forgot how to use tp.right clic the table click edit table you have too shorten your adx screen the tables appear behind it.
    Last edited by ony; 08-22-2014 at 04:13 PM.

I was looking at 32b there is 3 thing that could affect your starting but the definition file lists them as n/a . crank fuel mutiplyer vs paluse,crank fuel pulse width vs coolent temp,crank fuel pulse with vs tps. they are at the bottom of tables in tuner pro. your tuner might be able to change them or some one here on gear head. zedrated you can change them tables I forgot how to use tp.right clic the table click edit table you have too shorten your adx screen the tables appear behind it.
    I'll have a look when I get a chance but I'm not sure how to edit the ADX file and I'm pretty sure $32B doesn't have all three of those tables.
    Last edited by ZEDRATED; 08-22-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    you will be editing the program on your chip,you shorten the adx page by getting about the top of it left click hold and drag the page down the right clicked ,edit , table file will appear in the blank screen of your adx side of tp. it is the same as when you edited bpw only you are editing a different table.
    Last edited by ony; 08-22-2014 at 04:45 PM.

you will be editing the program on your chip,you shorten the adx page by getting about the top of it left click hold and drag the page down the right clicked ,edit , table file will appear in the blank screen of your adx side of tp. it is the same as when you edited bpw only you are editing a different table.
    im still not sure what you mean. If those tables don't exist in $32B what do you mean?

Fuel Injected!
    they do exist you open them in the xdf file to edit them,the adx just says the parimaters are not available.dragging the adx page half way done lets you see the file after you have opened it with the xdf.

they do exist you open them in the xdf file to edit them,the adx just says the parimaters are not available.dragging the adx page half way done lets you see the file after you have opened it with the xdf.
    Would you be able to make me a new definition file and post it here for $32B? In the same way can you add trouble codes to the definition file?

Fuel Injected!
    I cant stevo could but it is very time consuming,if you post your bin file that you are running I will change pulse with verses coolent temp, 10% increase should show a change ether for better or worse.

Ok, thanks, I'll post it later tonight when I get home. Maybe you can look at what he did with it compared to the stock bin and see what you think as well.

I cant stevo could but it is very time consuming,if you post your bin file that you are running I will change pulse with verses coolent temp, 10% increase should show a change ether for better or worse.
    here is the bin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    I changed the crank pulse width vs coolent temp by 7.15 it should be enough to show if it helped or not.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I changed the crank pulse width vs coolent temp by 7.15 it should be enough to show if it helped or not.
    Hey there. Thanks for your time but I actually increased all the values in the colder ranges by about 15% in the crank pulse width vs coolant temp and the thing fires up beautiful now.
    So glad that it was that easy. Thanks again.

Fuel Injected!
    glad it worked for you, you might read egale marks thread about smoothing timming tables I don't know about tunning 165 ecms I did see 6 different pulse width tables in your file and they might benefit being smooth also?

I'm not sure how to adjust any of those tables.
    what do you mean by smooth?

Fuel Injected!
    I think it is in tuner pro talk, egale mark wrote a thread about smoothing tables, if you try a search at the top right of the page it should come up. I did mean you had a problem usally any table spark , fuel, will be better after it is smoothed out.