Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1986 Camaro

1986 Camaro

Hi there. So I'm starting a new thread. Got my car running good but sometimes it goes either really rich or really lean after the engine light comes on. Does anyone have a really good $32B definition file? How do I get codes out of my car using tunerpro. I started off with a ACXZ bin file (87tpi 5speed) which is a $32B mask. Anyone?
    Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    zedrated, you might run the tune you have several cold starts and full warm ups then post a data log if the tune is drivable without really sereuse problems that will give the ecm time to change what it wants, then change things. keeping all your data logs to compare and see what the ecm is wanting to change after it has been run to where it can not correct the things it is trying to change.

I first want to see what code I am getting when the computer starts acting all funny. How do I get codes with tunerpro using a $32B mask? Do I need a better definition file? The $32B definition file is really plane and doesn't have much comparing to when I was using a $6E last year but my car does seen to run way better with a $32 for some reason.

One more question as well, what is a good AFR at WOT for a naturally aspirated car like mine, ZZ4 350 with the GM hotcam? 13:1???????

Fuel Injected!
    12.5:1 full steam is allways a good mix for safety and allow for fuel system degredation over time.can you not flash out the error codes with a paperclip for now ??

I totally forgot about jumping the connector. Anyways I got trouble code 33 and 45. High Mass Air flow circuit high and O2 rich. I will post the bin file on here probably tomorrow night. My car is making a lot of power and feels good at wot, going about high 12-13 AFR so I think it's set good at wot. I don't know why the light is coming on though. Again I'll post the bin so you guys can have a look. Thanks.

Any other program or easy way to read the codes with the lap top? How is it done in tunerpro with the $32B mask???

Fuel Injected!
    zedrated I don't think 32b has the code retrieving capability . it is in items on other ads files. I down loaded 32b and I did not see it no where but iam not fulmilure with the 165 ecms.mybe some one that is will reply shortly.

Any other program available to retrieve codes with the ALDL cable?
    Also, in $32B is there anyways to get the cold start a bit richer. Now that I have the TPIS mini ram I do not have the 9th injector and I have to crank it a few times before it starts when it is cold, even around 20 degrees. When the engine is even a little warm it fires up with just a touch of the key.

Anyone?

Fuel Injected!
    was looking and that6 e adx file has trouble code capability, I would done load it and get a data log.after you install 6 e,go to acusition and inable the moniters,dash ,data list all 4 at the bottom of acusition list when it is open.

But 6E won't work with my bin.

Anyways, I just flashed the codes out with the jumper on A and B.
    I had a circuit high MAF code and a Rich code. I cleared the codes and drove the car and I only have a rich code coming up now once and a while. Right now I want to fix the cold start first. What table(s) can I adjust to get more fuel on cold starts in $32B?

Fuel Injected!
    I didn't know that it wouldn't work. iam not up on the165 ecm on a 747 you would change crank afr ratio. if you have a slightly under charge battery or a starter dragging a little it will have to crank longer to start , hot or cold. iam not saying that is what is happening.