Thread: 94 350 TBI Tuning

94 350 TBI Tuning

I have a 5.7 out of a 94 1500 I crammed in an AWD Astro. It has a 4L60E and uses the $OD xdf. Until this point It's remained mostly stock. It does have a "better" fuel pump out of a 98 CSFI Astro in the tank. I have modified governors and shift points to suit me, that's about it tho. This week I bolted on a torker intake and throttle body adapter/spacer. It starts and runs well but as I imagined it is by no means perfect. I have never tuned for fuel so this will be my first attempt. I know I have to get an ALDL and log my data but that's about it. I don't even know what parameter to begin to tune. SO, I need some help lol.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by fastblue231 View Post
    I have a 5.7 out of a 94 1500 I crammed in an AWD Astro. It has a 4L60E and uses the $OD xdf. Until this point It's remained mostly stock. It does have a "better" fuel pump out of a 98 CSFI Astro in the tank. I have modified governors and shift points to suit me, that's about it tho. This week I bolted on a torker intake and throttle body adapter/spacer. It starts and runs well but as I imagined it is by no means perfect. I have never tuned for fuel so this will be my first attempt. I know I have to get an ALDL and log my data but that's about it. I don't even know what parameter to begin to tune. SO, I need some help lol.
    I am guessing the torquer intake does not have an EGR valve. The first thing you are going to need to do is disable the EGR. You can do this by increasing the EGR enable temperature to something physically un-reachable, basically max it out. You VE table rework will be minimal off-idle and through the midrange, with noticeable amounts of fuel needing to be added up top however I do expect big changes will be needed in AE and DE settings.

I disabled the EGR prior to this intake actually because I had no use for it. It seems to start to stumble at around what I'm guessing is 1/3 engine load or so. I'm assuming the Open Throttle vs. VE vs. MAP vs. RPM is going be my primary adjustment?

Quote Originally Posted by fastblue231 View Post
    I disabled the EGR prior to this intake actually because I had no use for it. It seems to start to stumble at around what I'm guessing is 1/3 engine load or so. I'm assuming the Open Throttle vs. VE vs. MAP vs. RPM is going be my primary adjustment?
    I've developed an Excel spreadsheet to help adjust both Open / Closed Throttle vs. VE vs. MAP vs. RPM. Send me a PM if your interested in being a "Beta" tester. The TunerPro RT data log needs to be exported to a .csv file. The data from the .csv file is copy / pasted into the spreadsheet to get the BLM averages. See screen shots below. The spreadsheet uses closed loop data, removes AE / PE active, and for Near Idle "Idle Flag Active". Basic beginner Excel skills required. All updates from Open Office must be installed to use https://www.openoffice.org/ (free open source spreadsheets).

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images