Thread: Quick Question about TunerPRO data editing

Fuel Injected!

Quick Question about TunerPRO data editing

I have been around EFI tuning a little bit but it was mostly FMS like Haltech and AEM. i haven't messed around with flashing as much;

I was looking through bins on TunerPro RT and I noticed that the data is in number format, but most of the numbers cannot be true values.... Like shift point table data ranges from 48-112 and it's all random throughout the chart..... So pretty much, we just ignore the actual value and add or subtract from these values in order to get the results we are looking for?

I have quite a bit of research still to do before I start flashing my PCM but I should have my cable in a day or so, I will be pulling my current flash and taking a look at logs for some time before I hop in...

Main things I want to change immediately are when the fans come on, rev limiting, shift points & firmness etc..

Administrator
    There are conversions for all of the numbers. The formula depends on the function of the number. Tuning software such as Tunerpro will have the conversions built in so the user doesn't have to worry about the conversion.

Like shift point table data ranges from 48-112
    This might be an error. What definition file? What .bin?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    There are conversions for all of the numbers. The formula depends on the function of the number. Tuning software such as Tunerpro will have the conversions built in so the user doesn't have to worry about the conversion.

This might be an error. What definition file? What .bin?
    94 Z28 bin from the TunerPro website, with the EE_Auto ADX file that was modified wit the NIGHTDASH dashboard from another site.

It's not a bin from my car yet, as the cable has not yet arrived... Maybe once I pull a stock BIN it will make more sense.

Fuel Injected!
    Have you checked out Steveo's site? http://www.resfilter.net . He has done a ton of work on the EE stuff.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by buddrow View Post
    Have you checked out Steveo's site? http://www.resfilter.net . He has done a ton of work on the EE stuff.

Buddrow
    I will check it out thanks. Any other bins that are modified are appreciated so I can compare! A4 preferred though.

My car has cai, gmmg exhaust, big stall, newly built 4L60E w/ shift kit, then all suspension mods.

Fuel Injected!
    Hmm.. I got my cable, but it will not connect; It reads and says cable is working in TunerPro RT; but then when i attempt to data-log it will attempt a connection and go back into the disconnected state. I will have to give it another shot tomorrow... maybe my scanmaster is interfering?

Fuel Injected!
    I got my tune pulled, and started modifying... I wanted someone to look at my bin and tell me if something looks wrong to them.. maybe it has been modified ( i cannot find a stock 94 z28 a4 to compare only a 95) but some shift points kickdown hot/cold and other stuff looks modified... can anyone look at them please and see what they think?
    Attached Files Attached Files