Thread: Just another new guy

Carb and Points!

Just another new guy

I am an old Hot Rodder that has not kept up with the computer age very well. I have a 57 chevy and a 93 Cadillac Donor car. Hopefully I can put the caddy drivetrain in the chevy keeping the fuel injection. The Caddy has a 5.7 chevy with a 700 r4 .They used these and the LT1 chevies for a few years.This car runs so flawlessly is the reason for doing this. The caddy has a chipped ign key and three Ox sensors. Anyway I will do some reading on here and ask some really dumb questions so thanks in advance.

Start by finding the ECM and get the BCC (Chip four letter code) then we can see if we have the files for it.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post

Start by finding the ECM and get the BCC (Chip four letter code) then we can see if we have the files for it.

ECM is what I would call the computer?

Yup!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Yup!
    I think that 93 probably has the 1-2 year "D" car cadillac only ECM. It has built-in traction control, ABS functions, among other things like fuel economy display in the car. It has a memcal similar to a 7427, but brown connectors. Pretty unique beast that I am not sure anyone has reversed and defined yet.

EDIT-----YEP that is the beast! Many moons ago, I pirated one out of a car in the wrecking yard with plans to use on a 350 I had. Not realizing it was so different from the regular 89-93 "B" car.
    http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0396&ppt=C0334

I would find a fullsize van harness and ECM for it as I think the VATS goes through the BCM on the Cadillac as well and I know the BCM and ECM communicate through serial data.
    Last edited by Fast355; 07-26-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    That sounds like an interesting ECM. Any idea how they implemented traction control?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by fastacton View Post
    That sounds like an interesting ECM. Any idea how they implemented traction control?
    The one I looked had the ASM or ASR module not unlike a LT1 Corvette or Camaro/Firebird. I am sure they used the ABS sensors and may have even had a Yaw rate and steering angle sensor in it.