First I want to say Thanks for any help you can offer, I need it.

Here's what I have to the best of my knowledge. The Engine supposedly came out of an 87 suburban. When I pulled it, it was in an 80 crewcab. So I'm doing a conversion from a conversion. The Engine itself is a fresh rebuild and ran like a top when I pulled it. The ECM is # 1227747.The Crewcab had a manual 4 speed.

So here's the start of my dilemma's. When I got it none of the basic sensors "Oil / H20 " were wired to ECM. they were hooked to gauges. I'm not sure if there was a VSS or not. The rest of the "sensors" tied ECM to were plugged in. Like I said it ran like a top so I wasn't too worried at the time.

Question #1: Do I have to run the factory sensors? I would like to use my stock LC gauge's if possible.

Question #2: My ECM harness has the wire for the VSS pin A10. I know the wiring diagram says optional but do I need to do anything at all or just ignore it. I'm running a TH350.

I pulled all the wiring from the back of the fuse box to the ECM. However after reading several Threads I now know I'm missing the ALDL port and everything else inside the cab "besides of the ECM". There are the two plugs that go to the ECM. But there is a third 6 prong plug just adjacent to them I have questions about. I think I have identified a few of the wires but in an effort to avoid rambling on I'll just ask. Where the Hell does that go? I can't find jack squat about that plug. Or I read it and I just missed it. I'm fried from the amount of hours I have been putting in on this build so thats entirely possible.

I have more questions but it's late and I'm tired.

This was my first post of any kind, anywhere. I'm not a techie by any stretch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Great website it's been a huge help!!!