Thread: E40 and E67 bin files for Hptuners

Fuel Injected!

E40 and E67 bin files for Hptuners

Anyone of any true Bin files that are unencrypted for E40, E67 PCMs, that can be read by Hp tuners

I Have HPT just looking to do some basic segment swapping Vin changes etc.. I'd really like 2006 SSR E40 bin, and a 2006 Grand prix 5.3L bin file. E67 2006-2007 CtSv Bin file, and 2009 Colorado 5.3L Bin

Looking to segment swap speedo and operating files around. I know I can brick my PCMs, but that's on me!! I'll settle for efi live bins as well, might buy EFi live, if I have to. Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    These won't do you much good with HPT. HPT will open bin type files for PCMs (P01 / P59), but will not open bin files for E38 / E67.

EFILive will open bin files for all controllers. TC will open bin files for all controllers except T42.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, I have a friend with efi-live but have two pay credits then. Does anyone have bin file in efi live format for the E40? Specifically the 2006 trailblazer or SSR V8, and the 2006 Grand prix/impala/monti carlo with LS4 5.3l. Then at least I can edit them and have them ready to flash. Also any E67 V8 file prefer 2006-2007 CtSv, would be amazing in efi live bin format! Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    Specific language is often helpful when communicating a goal.

The term bin file, in the strict sense, refers a file with the extension ".bin". These are the raw or unaltered Hex coding of a calibration. Most tuning software compresses, or slightly reorganizes their "read" of a calibration within a controller.

EFILive files use the extension ".tun" or ".ctz". HPT files use the extension ".hpt". TC files use the extension ".cal".

So, strictly speaking, there is no such thing as an "EFILive bin file" or an "HPT bin file" - a bin file is a bin file. Some people may use the term bin as a generic term for any calibration read out via tuning software - which can sometimes cause confusion.

Also, no tuning software is able to completely read, nor completely flash, the E40 / E38 / E67 controllers. Having copies of the files you mentioned is great as a learning exercise, but does mean you can flash these and expect them to work correctly.

Lets say you have a 2007 E67 from a Pontiac Montana van. It is the same as the E67 used by the 2007 CTS-V. However, if you were somehow able to flash a 2007 CTS-V calibration into the 2007 Montana E67 (most tuning software has safety measures to prevent this type of action), it would not work with the CTS-V throttle body, gas pedal, and a few other systems.

In this example, turning the Montana E67 into a CTS-V E67 requires an initial flash with a Tech 2. After this, tuning software can be used to make changes.

What specifically are you trying to accomplish ?

Fuel Injected!
    I would like to enable serial speed out, and serial tach out, on a GTO E40 file. I keep learning as I go with hex, I have successfully turned Vats off, on a E38, in hex, and a 2007 P59, and updated the check sums. They opened fine in EFI live trial. I'm thinking about buying Efi live, can it read out a portion of the calibration in true bin, that I can edit? Then will it let me reflash it? Or do I buy Tunercat through moates? I's like to read out the cal portion of E67, and E40 controllers, I can also flash with Tech 2, if need be to start.

Carb and Points!
    here is the file from one of my GTO E40 ECUs

Carb and Points!
    What tool are you guys using to do the "raw" GenIV reads? I am a reverse engineer and I'm looking for some unencrypted bins to take a look at. E38 and E67 specifically. Is there some secret handshake to get EFI Live to save a real bin? Thanks.