Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other hptuner users

Fuel Injected!

Any other hptuner users

I prefer tunercat. But I use hptuners a lot also. Just seeing how may others users are on here.

Fuel Injected!
    Welcome to hptuners anonymous!

Fuel Injected!
    HP Tuners here as well! At the moment tuning a black box PCM in a 1999 5.7 Suburban.

Fuel Injected!
    I use it only when I have to. I bought license for a 10 duramax last week. The guy had his dpf removed. I read the file with a older version of hpt. I had to license the truck again. I could of spent 50 more and got unlimited if I knew they made me license it again to use the older software. Suppose to be vcm license. Not vcm license for each beta. I like there software. But I think they are wrong.

Fuel Injected!
    You should not have had to license, should have just needed to refresh your license. With cable connected press the white bubble with the i in it, then press white bubble again on next screen that pops up. Then it would have worked off your original license.

Do you guys need your own section?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Do you guys need your own section?
    Mark,
    Wouldn't be a bad idea if it were not too much trouble. Many people are using HPT and not many places where people are willing to provide much information other than HPTs very limited forum.

Fuel Injected!
    I mostly just tune on my own stuff, but I've had it 3 or 4 years now along with Tunerpro and CATS.

Fuel Injected!
    I use HP for stuff not supported by TC. Their Chrysler and Ford development is coming along very nicely.
    There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it can not be overcome by brute strength and ignorance.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mekkis View Post
    I use HP for stuff not supported by TC. Their Chrysler and Ford development is coming along very nicely.
    That is a very good thing, IMO. I could have kept from nuking 545RFEs had I been able to tune the trans.

SCT had some of the dodge engine codes down pretty well, but chose not to decode any TCMs. While Diablo is known to mess up PCMs and ABS modules.

Fuel Injected!
    Uhm , yeah, about that... I did a Procharged 2005 5.7 Ram back mid-June, the trans lasted three weeks. The trans support at that time was TPS vs RPM shift points, no pressures. Lifted on 37's, probably not much could be done for a stock trans with all that load, anyway.
    There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it can not be overcome by brute strength and ignorance.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mekkis View Post
    Uhm , yeah, about that... I did a Procharged 2005 5.7 Ram back mid-June, the trans lasted three weeks. The trans support at that time was TPS vs RPM shift points, no pressures. Lifted on 37's, probably not much could be done for a stock trans with all that load, anyway.
    Yea probably not a recipe for sucess for a lasting 545rfe. I had a transgo shift kit and line pressure resistor for a 30 psi increase. My Ram was an 06, born with a 4.7 but swapped to a hemi with a cable operated throttle body run by a tuned 4.7 pcm. Kept taking OD clutches out of it running down the highway.

I don't feel the line pressure rose quickly enough for the sidewinder cammed, long tube, tuned 5.7.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Yea probably not a recipe for sucess for a lasting 545rfe. I had a transgo shift kit and line pressure resistor for a 30 psi increase. My Ram was an 06, born with a 4.7 but swapped to a hemi with a cable operated throttle body run by a tuned 4.7 pcm. Kept taking OD clutches out of it running down the highway.

I don't feel the line pressure rose quickly enough for the sidewinder cammed, long tube, tuned 5.7.

Fast, the 545RFE is a lame duck trans IMO. In stock apps they last ok but when hp is added they fail regularly without internal upgrades as well as tcm mods. We don't offer HP 545RFE for that reason. If you wanted to install the 68RFE then youd be better off but not sure if anyone makes a kit for that. I have used the line pressure sensor modifiers with limited success but it's more of a band aid approach. The big issue is internal torque capacity, the trans is based largely off the 604 trans used in passenger cars and minivans not known for their durability. That trans has been the bread and butter for a lot of trans shops along with the 4L60E and Ford AODE/4R70W. The regular production transmissions as of late use stamped steel components for less rotating mass to gain fuel economy. With that being said, good luck and sorry for semi-hijacking the thread with my ramblings lol.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by buddrow View Post
    Fast, the 545RFE is a lame duck trans IMO. In stock apps they last ok but when hp is added they fail regularly without internal upgrades as well as tcm mods. We don't offer HP 545RFE for that reason. If you wanted to install the 68RFE then youd be better off but not sure if anyone makes a kit for that. I have used the line pressure sensor modifiers with limited success but it's more of a band aid approach. The big issue is internal torque capacity, the trans is based largely off the 604 trans used in passenger cars and minivans not known for their durability. That trans has been the bread and butter for a lot of trans shops along with the 4L60E and Ford AODE/4R70W. The regular production transmissions as of late use stamped steel components for less rotating mass to gain fuel economy. With that being said, good luck and sorry for semi-hijacking the thread with my ramblings lol.

Buddrow
    That truck is LONG GONE!!! I only have three transmissions in my fleet at the moment. A 4L80E in the Express, TH350 in the Corvette, and a Jatco RE505A in the Titan. I was going to find a way to swap a NAG1 into the Ram.

I had HPtuners and sold it I hated the fact the vin a OS had to match for the year and the fact the extra credits to license a pcm such as I had a 2002 truck with just a TSP220 we wanted to fine tune it but was done with HPtuners because the guy that tuned it used a COS and speed density it cost $200 in credits to tune it.