Thread: Hacking/tuning the jeep ecm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Very interesting. If someone makes a complete XDF (or whatever it is called in their program) for the jeep 4.0 cal, I would be very interested. I have yet to convert mine over the the GM ecm (life has been getting in the way)
    JG, working on piggybacking the JTEC in my Ram with a 7727. About 2/3 complete. Maybe ill share once its running, hopefully.
    '86 Grand National

Carb and Points!
    I have done some work on the renix jeep ECU for the 4.0. i liked it because of the fact that its a true speed density ECU. my goal was to see if it was possible for it to be used in a turbo 4.0 application with larger MAP sensor and scale in larger injectors for more fuel. finding the basic timing and fueling tables was fairly easy using winOLS. i have since made basic timing and fueling adjustments to the ECU and it made a world of a difference in how it ran. in a non turbo application all you really need to work with is timing and fueling mapping to have a basic tune that will work. well just giving some info even though you was working with the later ECU thats not the bastard like the one i have as everyone calls it.

Carb and Points!
    I have a 4.7L stroker in my 1997 XJ, during the build I knew tuning would be difficult, but I didn't realize it would be next to impossible. Sev, I have found Chris's company online and wanted to see if you thought he may tune other vehicles remotely? I found a guy a while back "flyinryan" of flyinryantuning, but by the time I contacted him he said he no longer did the remote tuning. My XJ definitely has plenty of grunt since doing the swap, but it is still kind of sluggish compared to what I was hoping for. (I know it's a toaster on wheels and lacks the aerodynamics of a Porsche, but was hoping for a little more.)

thanks!

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtwthaxj View Post
    I have a 4.7L stroker in my 1997 XJ, during the build I knew tuning would be difficult, but I didn't realize it would be next to impossible. Sev, I have found Chris's company online and wanted to see if you thought he may tune other vehicles remotely? I found a guy a while back "flyinryan" of flyinryantuning, but by the time I contacted him he said he no longer did the remote tuning. My XJ definitely has plenty of grunt since doing the swap, but it is still kind of sluggish compared to what I was hoping for. (I know it's a toaster on wheels and lacks the aerodynamics of a Porsche, but was hoping for a little more.)

thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. I know Chris specializes in tuning J-tecs, which is the ECU your 97 cherokee uses. I am not sure if he does remote tuning, but I would wager to guess he probably would. Have you tried emailing him?

Chris@christuned.com

He's a busy guy, so it might take a little while to get back to you, but he's one of the best.