Thread: Added another 5.7 "R" engine powered vehicle to the fleet!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    One other thing I forgot to mention that may save someone a headache on these trucks and vortec distributors. The plastic ears that hold the cap like to break or strip out. The aftermarket has finally come up with a solution!!! Found this in the Autozone Dorman "HELP" section.
    http://www.dormanproducts.com/digita.../90449_DOR.PDF

Fuel Injected!
    Stock spider at 70 psi with the LT1 cam, stock exhaust manifolds, and stock intake it is out of fuel at WOT.

Administrator
    That plates a neat idea. The replacement distributors we use are an aluminum alloy so the plastic problems are gone. We change them for a variety of reasons so if you need a spare plastic distributor I have a small pile of 'em here. Also, with the vans, I drill out one of the vents and epoxy a 1/32" elbow into it then connect to the ported vacuum line on the RH side of the TB. It really cuts down on moisture build up and related damage under the cap.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    That plate's a neat idea. The replacement distributors we use are an aluminum alloy so the plastic problems are gone. We change them for a variety of reasons so if you need a spare plastic distributor I have a small pile of 'em here. Also, with the vans, I drill out one of the vents and epoxy a 1/32" elbow into it then connect to the ported vacuum line on the RH side of the TB. It really cuts down on moisture build up and related damage under the cap.
    May have to take you up on the distributor offer sometime. A spare is always nice to have.

I have also done the same vent modification to my distributor. Works very nicely. Seems GM would have learned their lesson from the opticrap on the LT1 and LT4 engines.

Fuel Injected!
    18.4 MPG on the last tank, 550 mile round trip on the highway, more than 2 hours stuck in traffic, and 75-85 mph cruising speed. Went to San Antonio and New Braunsfals with 7 people and all our stuff to stay for 2 nights, float the river saturday, and camp saturday night. A little in-town driving in San Antonio, New Braunsfals and Fort Worth. 682 miles on 37 gallons.

Fuel Injected!
    My brother and i tackled the headers and new exhaust tonight. Roughly 2 hours start to finish. Still needs some tuning although it was running a little rich and now the fuel trims are fairly neutral.

This was him driving away from my house. Definately needs a H after the cats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P41PfbTY1N4

My brother called me and told me it gained alot of torque at part-throttle. Told him to keep it under 3,500 and 1/2 pedal for a couple days for the PCM to adjust fuel trims so I can datalog it and make adjustments.
    Last edited by Fast355; 07-24-2014 at 05:59 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    For the trans and rear end. Find a 96+ Suburban 2500 with the 8600lb GVW. All have the 14B FF rear end, and many with 4:10,s and a G80. That and a traction bar, will make a happy camper!.

You also will get a nice 4l80e out of the same 2500 suburban.