Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L29 head 454 MEFI tune

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by roughneck427 View Post
    I would have used that but I'm limited with my camshaft driven waterpump and my motor plate in the front of the motor it being in a boat
    Gotcha, it would require a Vortec L21/29 front timing cover to be used.
    There was another gentleman I suggested the L21 reluctor to that was using a gear drive which supposedly also precluded its use.

peace
    Hog

Here is the finished wheel the guy slotted it for me to lock in tdc as needed

Well I ran out of time to run the 0411 set up to make it for the local Flat bottom Boogie boat show. I decided to just run the mefi for now and way differnent in tuning any other ecms ive done. All bpw which I kinda knew but when I swapped to these 60lb injectors there was no flow rate parameters just the offset voltage which I changed. I trimmed back the BPW tables and got a startup. I found a write up on to integrate my LC1 into scanner pro to log my afr. Ill do this through the VSS signal since obviously I don't have a speedo.

https://youtu.be/_H44C6V7wJI

Ok I was not able to make the VSS log AFR but I got the boat dialed in and now I found an old draw through Gale banks set up. I will keep the EFI and draw through the TB. I also scored a MEFI4 ecm and harness from a fellow member. It was off an 8.1 with COP ignition so ive decided to run the MEFI instead of the 0411. I actually like the MEFI ecm for tuning not sure why they get bashed a lot.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by roughneck427 View Post
    Ok I was not able to make the VSS log AFR but I got the boat dialed in and now I found an old draw through Gale banks set up. I will keep the EFI and draw through the TB. I also scored a MEFI4 ecm and harness from a fellow member. It was off an 8.1 with COP ignition so ive decided to run the MEFI instead of the 0411. I actually like the MEFI ecm for tuning not sure why they get bashed a lot.
    Nice turbo setup! That being said I really like the the MEFI setup as well. I have tuned a Ramjet 350 as well as a Marine 6.2 for automative applications with the MEFI Burn and it works quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Nice turbo setup! That being said I really like the the MEFI setup as well. I have tuned a Ramjet 350 as well as a Marine 6.2 for automative applications with the MEFI Burn and it works quite well.
    Well I was using mefi burn and it was a 2 1/2 min write time on a. Mefi 3 and I don't really care for tuner pro. I had emailed John and he had a mefi write utility and it only takes 55sec. Along with a TC tdf for a mefi 3