Thread: TPS% value 1227747 ADX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TPS% value 1227747 ADX

I've been working on the 1227747 ADX and can't get the TPS% to display correctly. When I looked at other ADX files the TPS voltage and TPS percent were 2 differant hex address. This seems to be why none of the conversions work properly in the 1227747 ADX because both the TPS voltage and TPS Percent are from the same addrress.

Since there are settings in 7747 XDF based off TPS% I thought this should be a working item in the ADX.

Does anyone have correct info to put into 7747 ADX for TPS%? Or learn me how to?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I could never get it to work correctly using just a conversion, so I learned to live with it "being close."

I had wanted to set up a look up table for TPS percent, but never got around to it (a round tuit?), since I rarely use a '7747 anymore. The last one I installed and tuned was in my bosses '62 Suburban, and the only reason I used it over a '7427, is because I had experienced idle issues with a '7427 and non e-tranny in another conversion. I didn't want to have to figure out why on my bosses truck. I believe I have since figured out the issue, but have no real way to test anymore.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I guess if I had a $42 hack and learned who to dissasemble, then comment, then... I've been avoiding that for years because it's already done on everything. Wonder if you could find the TPS% in the XDF?

-= =-

You don't need to go that far... I don't think it would help you at all to disassemble the BIN, to work on an ADX...

You can create a look up table, and link it in the ADX, it just may take some testing to determine how the look up table should be set-up.

You can also look at the ALDL datastrem def. It's on Moates in a zip file that contains all or just about all OBD1 GM datastreams.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

We have them all here to.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/

Didn't you get my PM about adding this to the GM Bins and stuff how to use forum?

LO5 for the 5.7L is A033 but I've never done a lookup table. Maybe we better learn since Robert went on vacation?

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------// Created by TunerPro. Hand editing is *not* recommended or supported.//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//--------------------------------- HEADER ------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------{ fDefFrmtVers =1.21; strDefVersion =Version 1.0; strDefTitle =A033; strAuthor =Robert Saar; strEngine =4.3/5.0/5.7; strYear =86-88; strVINCode =Z/H/K; strCodeMask =?; strComments =check A033.ADS for specific details. robertisaar@yahoo.com for comments/questions.; iBaud =160; dwFlags =0x00000000; dwCSID =0x00013AE7; btNumDumpRequests =1; strCommandName =160 Baud; rgbtCommand =; iTotalBytesInCommand =0; bChecksumCommand =0; iNumBytesInPayload =20; iNumBytesBeforePayload =-1; bMaster =1; bMonitor =1; iChainTo =-1;}//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//---------------------------------- DASH -------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------{ dwItemType =6; strItemComments =<Comments>; bSeparator =0; bVisible =1; dwUniqueID =0; btNumGauges =6; strIDsDisplayed =0,0,0,0,0,0,; btNumMonitors =4; strMonsDisplayed =0,0,0,0,;}//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//--------------------------------- VALUES ------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------{ dwItemType =1; strItemComments =<Comments>; bSeparator =0; bVisible =1; dwUniqueID =9; btByteNumber =2; btMessageNumber =1; dwItemSizeBits =16; dwOperation =3; dFactor =1.000000; dOffset =0.000000; strItemTitle =PROM ID; strUnitLabel =; dwAlarmHigh =255; bAlarmHighENable =0; dwAlarmLow =0; bAlarmLowEnable =0; iRangeHigh =255; iRangeLow =0; iLookupTableIndex =-1;}{ dwItemType =1; strItemComments =<Comments>; bSeparator =0; bVisible =1; dwUniqueID =10; btByteNumber =4; btMessageNumber =1; dwItemSizeBits =8; dwOperation =3; dFactor =1.000000; dOffset =0.000000; strItemTitle =IAC Position; strUnitLabel =Steps; dwAlarmHigh =255; bAlarmHighENable ;}

I deleted the rest...
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

I went through that A033 file and didn't see anything for TPS% but it did have some more information I added to the 7747 ADX I am working on.

Have you ever got a conversion to work from kpa to vacuum?

-= =-