Thread: Problems getting my tune down.

Carb and Points!

Problems getting my tune down.

Alright, So I am running E85, lt4 hot cam and a vortech V1 supercharger on a 93 LT1 using $DA2 and ostrich 2.0.

I already read that the BPW constant is the base of the injector adjustments, how ever I dont have BPW constant, only the fuel injector constant, are they the same?

The car runs horrible in open loop.. i have to keep it alive untill closed loop and it idles ok, I think its dumping way to much fuel in open loop.

I noticed when it goes into closed loop it sits in cell 16 and the STerm/LTerm counts never change and im not sure why. I have two datalogs, one before I adjusted VE for E85 and one after and they both show the same thing, I noticed my brand new O2 sensors seem to be dead already.. I think they got fouled out from the richness.

Can someone review these two logs and give me some pointers? Thanks.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/48zq8e this one has E85 with 25% increase to VE

https://www.sendspace.com/file/k6p984 this one is running E85 without the 25% increase to VE.

I can also upload my bin if someone wants.

Thanks

I'm wondering what AFR you set the in the .bin? I think an AFR setting of about 10:1 would be a good starting point. You might also need to adjust the weight of the fuel? Gas is about 720 grams / liter, Ethanol is about 780 grams / liter.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carb and Points!
    the commanded AFR is 9.7:1, so very close to what you said. Where would I adjust the weight of the fuel?

I've never seen weight of fuel in any masks... now if your talking the size of injectors? GM does have settings for LB/HR. I hope it's in $DA2 or you'll have to find it in the dissasembly and add it to the $DA2 definition/Mask.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    Yeah I have injector size and that is taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I've never seen weight of fuel in any masks... now if your talking the size of injectors? GM does have settings for LB/HR. I hope it's in $DA2 or you'll have to find it in the dissasembly and add it to the $DA2 definition/Mask.
    I've seen fuel density in the Black Box PCM's see attached. I was thinking maybe the $DA2 might have fuel density also.

Based on what I've seen in Flex Fuel PCM's (2005 and newer), it seems the AFR is the only thing that changes. It seems that fuel and spark tables are the same, regardless of the Ethanol %. I would think with the $DA2 set to about 10:1 AFR, the original fuel and spark tables could be used / would be close?

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carb and Points!
    Yeah I wish I had that much control but i don't.

These are the only tables I have, and under constants that are fueling related I only have Stoich AFR, min and max BLM and injector size.

tables.jpg