Thread: tcc not working

Fuel Injected!

tcc not working

i am having trouble getting my tcc to work. i have 1993 350 with my four barrel frankenbody and a 700 r4 with a TCI tcc lockup kit in it . i have the ecm tcc wire hooked to the green wire which i used to have a toggle switch hooked to so i could lock the converter by hand. my pcm is a 16168625 with a modified BJYL $od bin. i have uploaded my bin and adx and xdf so someone can take a look and see what i dont.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    This green wire - you used to put power on it with the toggle switch?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    This green wire - you used to put power on it with the toggle switch?
    Im dont see a green wire in the schematic. Wiring diagram shows Tan/Black, Lt Blue, and Purple.

Edit: This was found in the 1992 manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by buddrow; 07-09-2014 at 07:57 AM.
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by buddrow View Post
    Im dont see a green wire in the schematic. Wiring diagram shows Tan/Black, Lt Blue, and Purple.

Edit: This was found in the 1992 manual.
    the green wire is from the TCI wiring harness for the lockup kit. i hooked it to the brown wire from the gm factory harness. the green wire is a wire that you hook a grounded switch to so you can manually lock the converter in 2 , 3, and 4th gear . sorry i didnt explain that better. my problem has to be somewhere in the tunerpro side of it.

Fuel Injected!
    here is a wiring diagram of how i wired my tcc. any idea on why it is not working? something in tunerpro hopefully.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You may need to use a relay to control the tcc solenoid. The pcm may not be able to sink the current that the solenoid needs to operate. Use pin e10 to break the ground side of the coil for the relay. Look at how GM used a relay on the 7747 and a 700R4. You can use a test light between pin e10 and 12v power to see if the pcm is actually commanding tcc lockup with it disconnected from the transmission. If the light comes on when qualifiers are met, a relay should solve your issue.

Brian

Fuel Injected!
    the solinoid is not being powered by the pcm it is being powered just as you said witha relay hooked up with the brake switch to kill power when brake is applied. thepcm is only handling the ground. the e10 tan wire is the ground wire. i will try the test light but im sure its not working because when i hit the manual switch to ground i feel it engauge and see rpm drop about 200 rpm.
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    You may need to use a relay to control the tcc solenoid. The pcm may not be able to sink the current that the solenoid needs to operate. Use pin e10 to break the ground side of the coil for the relay. Look at how GM used a relay on the 7747 and a 700R4. You can use a test light between pin e10 and 12v power to see if the pcm is actually commanding tcc lockup with it disconnected from the transmission. If the light comes on when qualifiers are met, a relay should solve your issue.

Brian

According to the 7427 pinout spreadsheet, you may be using wrong pin on PCM. Try using pin E11 instead of E10. Here is the info I found:
    E10
    TCC Solenoid Transmission Terminal (T), TCC On/Off (4L60-E Only) TAN/ BLK, BRN
    E11 PWM TCC Solenoid, TCC Solenoid
    Transmission TCC PWM not used in early 4L60-E (4L60-E Only), TCC On/Off (4L80-E and 700R4) BRN
    Since you have a 700R4 and bin is set to manual, I beleive this is what you need to use

Fuel Injected!
    the wiring schematic for my pcm 16168625 doesnt show anything for e11 but i will try it out. i will hook a meter to it while i drive to see if i get any readings. what you said makes alot of sence so i hope it works im tired of manually locking my converter. i have a vacuum switch but with my cam i have trouble getting it to stay locked especially on the interstate
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    According to the 7427 pinout spreadsheet, you may be using wrong pin on PCM. Try using pin E11 instead of E10. Here is the info I found:
    E10
    TCC Solenoid Transmission Terminal (T), TCC On/Off (4L60-E Only) TAN/ BLK, BRN
    E11 PWM TCC Solenoid, TCC Solenoid
    Transmission TCC PWM not used in early 4L60-E (4L60-E Only), TCC On/Off (4L80-E and 700R4) BRN
    Since you have a 700R4 and bin is set to manual, I beleive this is what you need to use

Here is some more info for you if it didn't work with just the pin change. http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/di...700r4-tcc.html

Edit:
    Look under parameter type view and go to Manual Transmission. Read the parameter info on it and Torque Converter Clutch Only also. This may help to solve your issue

Brian
    Last edited by sturgillbd; 07-12-2014 at 05:30 AM.

I can't remember the thread where it is, but E11 is the correct pin. You are not the first person to have this problem. I think thirdgen had the thread, but Fast would know for sure.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Seems I remeber fooling around with this when I was doing a 7427 swap on a coworkers truck. The project got put on hold because of surgery, and we have not had a chance to start again. But it seems I remember the pcm needing a brake switch input for the tcc to work. I cant remember what pin or when its supposed to get power.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Power runs through brake switch and when you hit brakes it looses power and unlocks.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I remember now. Pin E13 needs 12v power otherwise it thinks you have the brakes on and wont lock the tcc.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    well i finally got a chance to mess with TCC and switching the wire from e10 to e11 worked . it great not to have to lock it manually thanks for the help guys.