Thread: '749 dim check engine light

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    what did you use to remove the coating? Sounds like something I could use for automotive work and modding xboxes.

Glad you fixed it up
    1995 Chevy C2500 Suburban 5.7 4L80-E, 16197427, BNKM, $31

Hooker Long Tubes headers, dual 2.25" exhuast, mufflers. TBI mods, Moates APU1, TunerProRT, CAI, 4 core radiator

Super Moderator
    i'm also curious..... removing that stuff manually takes a lot of time.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Electronic Ignition!
    I have no idea what it is called, my uses the stuff at work to dissolve potting material. He just calls it solvent, the can didn't even say the name!

billygraves
    Quote Originally Posted by 4153dodges View Post
    I have no idea what it is called, my uses the stuff at work to dissolve potting material. He just calls it solvent, the can didn't even say the name!
    I understand why you clean off the clear jell coating over the ECM Board and over the top of Ignition modules under a cover. Robert Saar and all - The Lab technicians told me the clear coating leads to cancer and is absorbed into your bloodstream. No joke.

Super Moderator
    ugh.... is that while coming into contact with it while it is already cured or if it has been mixed with solvent to apply/remove it?

it doesn't sound too good either way.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

billygraves
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    ugh.... is that while coming into contact with it while it is already cured or if it has been mixed with solvent to apply/remove it?

it doesn't sound too good either way.
    It is when it's on the board. I would think it would be worse when a solvent is active. I believe the molecules would be able to transfer into your skin faster and a larger number, as the solvent opens your pores providing a transfer. As the solevent evaporates, it could carry it? After I learned this I don't disturb it. Another very nice and very smart person contracted some bad cancer and all of the lab techs blamed the smoke off the soldering gun. Soon after a large vent system was installed to draw out ALL the solder smoke. I would have never thought of pine tar smoke like this. Never questioned if the smoke had lead in it.
    I don't mean to bring bad news but a small precaution could really help someone. The nice person really suffered and still came to work for a while.