Thread: Help with 1993 corvette disable comms

Fuel Injected!

Help with 1993 corvette disable comms

Hi everyone. Does anyone know what needs to be disabled for ALDL communication on a 1993 Corvette? I'm disabling the CCM but still having issues. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Carb and Points!
    Yes, Please help him :)

from what I know.. you have to silence the dash, abs, asr and maybe srs?

I'd swear we had someone spend the time and fix it? Wish I remembered who to give credit to... but here's the .adx file I saved from that thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    i think this has been collectively solved at least a dozen times but files get lost or people still use older versions or ???

be neat if someone could put together a small program(maybe integrated with the forum?) that would have you input info about a car(make/model/year/engine/etc) and then generate links to all of the appropriate stuff for it. i'm sure that's easier said than done though.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Usually when we get agod one I put it in the info thread, this is the same one but did not have the conection and dissconnect in the Header, just the monitor Macro, so I added them... let us know if it works or the one fron the info thread and I'll get the right one posted!

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...mation-DA2-DA3

-= =-

billygraves
    If you have a way to record the activity of the ALDL, you can use a Old Tech-1 or Tech-1A and record all you need to know. I placed a hidden function within the GM Powertrain cartridge but first I should explain. The Y-car and many others have a "Keep Happy Logic" with the Tech-1 comunications. This keeps all the controllers happy so no codes are set and you can still retrieve data from the ECM. What occurs is this. The Link is controlled by the Master. In this case it's the CCM (Central Control Module). The CCM runs the bus. Others are told (IF I remember correctly) when to broadcast their message on the link and then the next. Each few seconds you will find the "Master" ask a "FO" message. This is a "Hello is anyone there?" like the Tech-1 and you have a few milliseconds to respond. (You can see all this on the time stamp of your link recording.
    Now If you monitor this with a Tech-1 communicating you will find the logic to keep all happy and the others controlling their systems. If you depress the F3 button on the Tech-1 using the Data Stream it will turn ON FAST DATA. The data link WILL SET ALL THE COMMUNICATION codes and all the children on the bus will be upset and default. BUT you will get the ECM messages at almost 100ms update rate. This Fast Data is for hi end users and for finding intermettant problems related to the ECM that occur at a fast rate and cause troubles. It's just another tool to have to help diagnose problem cars. The E-Cars had this Fast data hidden as well.
    I did not include any Clear Codes option for any of the other controllers like CCM, ABS, SIR, ect....
    I don't think the Tech-2 has Keep Happy. I was not part of the group when they back filled the prior models nor validated it. It is hear say. I do know the old 86-89 F/Y Car ECM 165 will not switch over to 8192 baud with the Tech-2 like the Tech-1 does with the E-Pin adapter.
    I use to remember all this but fumes has been induced.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I'd swear we had someone spend the time and fix it? Wish I remembered who to give credit to... but here's the .adx file I saved from that thread.
    This is the one Sebastian made working with me, It worked with a bug in the BPW reading ( was always high conspired to datamaster ).

Whats odd is its $DA3 and I have read it should work with $DA2, how ever I have uploaded a $DA2 bin viva Ostrich and can no longer get a reading with this .ADX.. I believe the header is wrong but I would need to double check, So I was using the aldl scan tool app but its looks like one module is still causing clutter in my readings.

$DA2 may have the ALDL data readings at another location in chip. You can check by looking up the original ALDL.ds file. I don't know of any masks ALDL files that show accurate data with another mask, they don't match.

Without the car here hands on it's impossible to make the adjustments necessary to get clean data if you have a glitch. I spent may hours getting the later LT1 $EE to work properly with my RoadMaster, then everyone has been using it to make adjustments for Camaro, Firbird, Caprice and Impala. The hardest one... you guessed it was the Corvette CCM!

If you go to this link, get the Index.doc and you can look up the original ALDL.ds file from GM, it will give you the exact hex needed for the CCM silence. After that is the Pause which is a guess, take a look at how the $DA3 commands are built along with $EE commands for an idea. It's time consuming but you can get it!

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/def/aldl/

-= =-