Thread: 78 z28 EFI

Electronic Ignition!

78 z28 EFI

new view on an old project.i have been restoring a 1978 camaro z28.it has now been almost three years since i started.at first i was going to fix the passenger side door hing bushings,and drive the car for awhile.but when i took the passenger fender off i thought that was easy and suddenly there was no more fasteners on the car, and it was a bare shell.now im going back together.installed a passenger floor pan and replaced the fire wall,and did some smoothing.i have made a set of grease able bushings for the rear leaf springs.i am working out details on the front control arm bushings.once that is completed it will be setting on its wheels again.this is first time for body work,and painting for me.

so now completing a tbi build in my 92 chevy pickup.i am gathering parts for my camaro.i plan on having multi-port injection of some kind,i have a 01227730 ecm to start with.i hope to get some advice on some engine parts,and help with anything i can.this forum is very kind and helpful.

im thinking a 383

so parts i have

350 cid roller block

patriot vortec heads 2.02 intake/1.60 exhaust 185cc intake runners cast iron.

4 speed saginaw transmission

3.42 rear end gears.

01227730 ecm

and hopefully no one gets angry i am not going back factory with this car.i had to many things that robbed the originality.