Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $E6 ~ $OE ~ $OD ~ $31 ~ $42 VE Fixer Spread Sheet

Fuel Injected!
    Great, thank you for the reply. I recently bought a 1990 Jeep Wrangler that had a carb'd 350 Small Block out of a 1986 Corvette. A local shop installed a fuel injection wiring harness from painless and GM TBI from a 1987 C1500. The motor feels to have a mild cam. The cam and heads are of unknown origin. The doner truck had the same motor and a manual transmission. I was unhappy with the throttle response and fuel mileage.

Once I have the fuel map sorted and my BLM's where they should be, I will start troubleshooting the stalling/backfiring issue I am experimenting.

--
    Kris

BLM averages will vary on a daily basis. One day things look good, then the next day thing look not a good. A BLM average of 128 +/- 5 (133 ~ 123) can be considered acceptable.

It's possible the stalling a backing firing is due to not enough / to much Acceleration Enrichment (AE) or Power Enrichment (PE). The best way to tune or figure out if AE / PE is to lean or rich is with a Wide Band O2 (WBO2) sensor.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I am wondering if their is some IAC adjustment needed in the tune. It will only stall if I drive with a cold motor in the cold. As I live in the Northeast it is pretty cold, around 0 degrees this morning. Once the motor is warm, it drives fine. I have not been able to get it to backfire after loading in the altered fuel map this morning.

--
    Kris

This link : http://www.gmcmidwestclassics.org/We...0the%20TBI.pdf can be very helpful for Tuning the TBI.

I adjust the IAC differently than the instruction in the link. I use TunerPro RT to watch the IAC step as I make the IAC adjustments on a fully warmed up engine.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    So I have been tuning the main VE table for about a week now, making adjustments from driving back and forth to work (about an hour). Some of the cells are a little outrageous, IMO. Is there something I should be doing before going about datalogging for tuning the VE table? Disabling closed loop or zeroing out the Adder table?

I have attached my most recent bin file for review.

*Edit*
    I am using the $42 mask.

--
    Kris
    Last edited by 350yj; 02-25-2015 at 05:06 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I installed the wideband, the gauge typically stays between 14 and 15. This makes me believe there is some setting for the fuel somewhere that I am missing, causing my VE table numbers to be high.

--
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by 350yj View Post
    I installed the wideband, the gauge typically stays between 14 and 15. This makes me believe there is some setting for the fuel somewhere that I am missing, causing my VE table numbers to be high.

--
    Kris
    I think AFR's between 14.0:1 ~ 15.0:1 are good.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    In the past the php file autopopulated but now its asking what type of file [see screenshot] can someone please help me figure out how to get the ve fixer working ? Its been a long time and im sorry I just am struggling wit getting this to work again

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by zuk1972 View Post
    In the past the php file autopopulated but now its asking what type of file [see screenshot] can someone please help me figure out how to get the ve fixer working ? Its been a long time and im sorry I just am struggling wit getting this to work again
    PHP is used for dynamic websites. You will need to download the excel file again from here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Would I be correct in thinking you are trying to open the spreadsheet with Open Office? ... dave w

Fuel Injected!
    yes open office before I thought it would say open with open office but it isn't doing that now I download and save the fixer when I try to open with open office it has that filter with all those selections to choose from it never used to do that it would automatically open [I had to clean my pc recently so its all fresh and I haven't used daves spreadsheet in over a year I have been dragging my feet with a new engine last year and recently finally getting a wbo2 so im trying to get the truck dialed in as soon as it gets warn in Ohio
    Last edited by zuk1972; 01-31-2017 at 03:59 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Okay i started to try the spreadsheet i got it to load but i noticed the $e6 history has 55,65,75,85,95 cells but this spreadsheet skips those cells .What do you do with the extra cells not on spreadsheet?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    93 C1500 383 Vortec TBI lt4 hotcam Roller Cam & rockers,single plane intake, ,headers, S10 converter, 4l60E ,3:70 gears

Quote Originally Posted by zuk1972 View Post
    Okay i started to try the spreadsheet i got it to load but i noticed the $e6 history has 55,65,75,85,95 cells but this spreadsheet skips those cells .What do you do with the extra cells not on spreadsheet?
    ... The extra cell are not used in the fuel tables. ... see attached screen shot. ... dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Okay i was thinking i copy pasted the whole history into the spreadsheed and then copy pasted the whole correction .i guess i would only copy one column at a time that applies.Thank you dave
    93 C1500 383 Vortec TBI lt4 hotcam Roller Cam & rockers,single plane intake, ,headers, S10 converter, 4l60E ,3:70 gears

I have a question re the Main Fueling table in $42 vs the history BLM table.

There are 2 Main Fueling Tables, one is called "corrected" and has the column and rows reversed. Both the spreadsheet and the uncorrected Fuel table and the history all use the "Un-corrected" fuel table. Does it matter? Do we just ignore the "corrected" fuel table or do we need to manually enter the values into the correct cells in the "corrected" Fuel Table?

Thanks Dave.

Cheers
    '49 Ford F-47 Flathead with GM TBI
    '66 Corvair planning a GM TBI
    '68 Firebird ragtop 7427 TBI going in
    And a bunch of other cars and bikes