Thread: Newb Questions after Tutorial

Fuel Injected!

Newb Questions after Tutorial

EDIT EagleMark: I moved this post from a long thread to it's own thread.

Already downloaded tuner pro rt. Downloaded the exact bin from my ecu chip. Used the $42 mask and looked at all the things available. Their was alot of info. I played around with the data screen with all the guages. So my question is i have no egr and i want highway lean. I see thier are some patches what would i do with them? Next how do i open someones datalog so i can see what it looks like when i datalog? Also when i move the cursor over words like timing or ve tables a box with a definition comes up with what it means but then dissapears. How can i make that box stay open so i can read the whole thing without having to keep moving the mouse back over the word? Actually devind you should 3rd the comment. Corny lol
    Last edited by joegreen; 06-29-2014 at 02:22 AM.

For someone else's data log just save it and: Acquisition, Load Log File.

To see the description on XDF parameters go to View, Parameter Comments and a box will open on right side of screen like the dash, history table. It will have tabs at bottom.

The patches work for most bins, some have different settings so it will say Intermittent data does not match. Does not matter it will still patch it, the patch just does more then one thing at a time.

Same for Highway Lean Cruise, it also does away with the forced ESC Knock test. But please turn off HLC by rasing temp to max until the tune is in order. Post a data log of vehicle getting on highway and cruising speeds so we can check it. HLC runs Open Loop and if your tune is off well you could be to lean...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-