Thread: Custom ADX

Fuel Injected!

Custom ADX

Need help coming up with the correct conversion formula for TPS data sent from an Arduino to TunerPro5. Communication is working, after connecting the device, open dash, turn the Throttle Position sensor and the gauge rolls over 4 times while doing a full sweep but will go from 0.49 to 5.0vdc at about 1/4 travel. I am using the conversion in the $42 TPS adx( X * .0196).

Im a little confused as to why the needle sweeps from 0.49-5.0 4 times instead of just 1 and I am assuming it's the conversion but I could be wrong. Any insight is appreciated.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Super Moderator
    ...... the arduino natively doing 10-bit A/D reads wouldn't come into play here, would it? because that happens to be 4X the resolution...... otherwise, i couldn't say why 4X.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    ...... the arduino natively doing 10-bit A/D reads wouldn't come into play here, would it? because that happens to be 4X the resolution...... otherwise, i couldn't say why 4X.
    I tried dividing by 4, multiplying by .25 and that just seems to jam up the value. It either locks at 5vdc, narrows the travel, say between 1.0-2.28vdc for instance. I know Im missing something and Im sure its something simple. How do I convert the 10 bit arduino to the 8 bit TP format in either instance. I dont want to mess with the arduino code to fix it because as it is now seems to be the only way for it to spit out semi-correct info.

Buddrow

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by buddrow View Post
    I tried dividing by 4, multiplying by .25 and that just seems to jam up the value. It either locks at 5vdc, narrows the travel, say between 1.0-2.28vdc for instance. I know Im missing something and Im sure its something simple. How do I convert the 10 bit arduino to the 8 bit TP format in either instance. I dont want to mess with the arduino code to fix it because as it is now seems to be the only way for it to spit out semi-correct info.

Buddrow
    Ok, so I figured it out with one line of code on the Arduino. All downhill from here.

Buddrow