Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello! Lt1 issues, rich but lean.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Today's computer science is not going to help, this is old stuff. We have a collage teacher here who teaches java and? IIRC and I don't want to say old but he's my age. He does very well at disassembling the Motorola processor code and re assembling. But finding what it all means and how to adjust is the hard part! If you have any experience or someone at school that can help there is a dissasembly in the $EE info thread. Steveo has been the greatest asset to LT1 in finding new stuff in years! At the time the LT1 was out and people started doing this all the talent went to LS1 and LT1 was left in the dust.

Your BLM creeping up I would check fuel pressure. The LT1 IIRC has fuel pump voltage in data stream so that would be a good thing to watch along with charging system. We had an LT1 here that would go lean at WOT in upper RPM and he was already upgraded to the hot wire kit to a Walbro fuel pump. Ended up his alternator belt was slipping in the higher RPM, we could see charging system flatten out and fuel pump voltage drop!

It was sitting for years and with today's E gas that could mean some water in bottom of tank. Have you drained it? Or at least gone through a few tanks of fuel since storage? One thing I do that has worked to check is pull fuel filter and try to keep as much gas as possible in filter. Then dump it in a glass jar and let it settle. You'll see the water puddle in bottom, the water settles in bottom of filter...
    Yea, the first tank was brutal, the knock sensor was never reinstalled after the swap because it was too sensitive with the cam and I couldn't find and lt4 module. So it was detonating like crazy until I filled the tank with 93 and VP 110 and ran it through it. Since then it has seen a tank of 93 with no deto.

Today I am going to swap injectors from one side to the other to see if it follows the injectors.

Electronic Ignition!
    SO I ran a data log last night and wanted to run it by someone else to see if anything looks bad. its just a 5 min trip around the neighborhood, but you can witness the blm go up about half way through. the o2 sensors seem to be cycling fine once it enters closed loop. I'm not sure what KPA and AFGS are telling me, or of they are normal. It runs great in open loop though.

Sorry for bombarding you guys.
    Attached Files Attached Files