Thread: Tuner Pro RT Tables explained?

Fuel Injected!

Tuner Pro RT Tables explained?

Hi all,

I am learning TunerPro for my 7747 ECU. One thing I have been looking for is a complete source of documentation on every scalar, flag and table. I want to know what they do (used to do what), how they interact with other resources (if it's less than 1000 pages of reading), what are normal accepted value ranges, the effect of changes, etc.

Does a master source of this data exist? I'm sure it must. Google hasn't been my friend in this search.

Thanks,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by srgould41 View Post
    Hi all,

I am learning TunerPro for my 7747 ECU. One thing I have been looking for is a complete source of documentation on every scalar, flag and table. I want to know what they do (used to do what), how they interact with other resources (if it's less than 1000 pages of reading), what are normal accepted value ranges, the effect of changes, etc.

Does a master source of this data exist? I'm sure it must. Google hasn't been my friend in this search.

Thanks,

Steve
    Most of us tuner types have not spent the time to document a master list. At this point in time, the .xdf posted below is quite possibly the best source for the information your looking for. EagleMark and countless others have invested hours upon hours to get the $42 .xdf to where it is today!

GM and other vehicle manufactures would / will never publish a manual on "How to Tune the Chip".

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Darn those manufacturers.
    Wouldn't you know it, I have that xdf, but have been using the V4T version. Today is actually the first day I have been digging into it. After posting this I noticed the pop-ups while hovering over the objects. They go away too fast though, have to keep moving the mouse to refresh. :)

I am just now reading through the xdf in Notepad. Much easier to read the descriptions. I would still love more explanations, but having looked over each object it is beginning to make sense. Some of the values don't match my expectations which is confusing me a bit. I'm sure it will click better when I've spent more time on it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Most of us tuner types have not spent the time to document a master list. At this point in time, the .xdf posted below is quite possibly the best source for the information your looking for. EagleMark and countless others have invested hours upon hours to get the $42 .xdf to where it is today!

GM and other vehicle manufactures would / will never publish a manual on "How to Tune the Chip".

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by srgould41 View Post
    Darn those manufacturers.
    Wouldn't you know it, I have that xdf, but have been using the V4T version. Today is actually the first day I have been digging into it. After posting this I noticed the pop-ups while hovering over the objects. They go away too fast though, have to keep moving the mouse to refresh. :)

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Double click on a parameter like BPW, the press F10. A popup window will appear at the bottom, with the same information in the hover window.

Fuel Injected!
    Hmm. I guess I still have much to learn about the app. Thanks David.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Double click on a parameter like BPW, the press F10. A popup window will appear at the bottom, with the same information in the hover window.

I've tried to add as many notes as I could from old documents like one excellent read on IAC logic from Robert Rauscher:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...pdated-12-4-00
    and one on the Closed Loop Fueling Strategy. Both are fairly complex but it does help and all comes together.

He RBob was one of the original innovators in the DIY-EFI network and much of his work is why we can tune today!

Also added many notes from my own experience that are less technical but gives you the idea of how and when to adjust. It's been my personal notebook of sorts and many of the notes on Parameters work the same on other Masks.

If you right click on a Parameter, scaler, etc... and choose Edit Parameter XDF you can read what is there and even make your own notes. As Dave has mentioned another way is View, Parameter Comments and a window will open up similar to the ADX windows for List Veiw, History tables etc.. lots of buttons in TunerPro RT, push some and explore!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you for all your hard work. I am in the process of reading all your latest notes and like them very much!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I've tried to add as many notes as I could from old documents like one excellent read on IAC logic from Robert Rauscher:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...pdated-12-4-00
    and one on the Closed Loop Fueling Strategy. Both are fairly complex but it does help and all comes together.

He RBob was one of the original innovators in the DIY-EFI network and much of his work is why we can tune today!

Also added many notes from my own experience that are less technical but gives you the idea of how and when to adjust. It's been my personal notebook of sorts and many of the notes on Parameters work the same on other Masks.

If you right click on a Parameter, scaler, etc... and choose Edit Parameter XDF you can read what is there and even make your own notes. As Dave has mentioned another way is View, Parameter Comments and a window will open up similar to the ADX windows for List Veiw, History tables etc.. lots of buttons in TunerPro RT, push some and explore!

Thanks you! But all my hard work would not be capable if it were not for the pioneers who started this. All I did was polish up, add to, include TunerPro RT options and made it a whole new ball game.

When I use other masks that no one has spent the time to polish up I still refer back to the $42 XDF for all my notes, it's a good tool for the beginner or intermediate to use to get an understanding on how some of the Paramaters you would never think have a role in tuning all of a sudden have a very useful adjustment.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    hmmmm, if I remember correctly $42 and $31 were both used on 16197427, so I could use your notes to help me on my 95 Burb BNKM $31 ?
    1995 Chevy C2500 Suburban 5.7 4L80-E, 16197427, BNKM, $31

Hooker Long Tubes headers, dual 2.25" exhuast, mufflers. TBI mods, Moates APU1, TunerProRT, CAI, 4 core radiator

Fuel Injected!
    nope $E6 was the other one. Either way I'll look at notes in $42
    1995 Chevy C2500 Suburban 5.7 4L80-E, 16197427, BNKM, $31

Hooker Long Tubes headers, dual 2.25" exhuast, mufflers. TBI mods, Moates APU1, TunerProRT, CAI, 4 core radiator