Quote Originally Posted by Roadknee View Post
The stock TB flows under 500 cfm at 1.5" Hg. On a 350 it's pretty well done by 4,500 rpm. A larger TB on the stock style 2 bbl intake will help some, but they are very limited by plenum volume. A good dual plane with an adapter would provide more plenum volume and better top end without much loss in low speed torque. I would even consider either an open spacer or milling the center divider out of the dual plane.

Years ago I saw a thread where fast355 had some experience running a VicJr 2bbl with a TB and claimed it ran very well. Folks with experience with than manifold claimed it would ice up when the ambient temp dropped below about 40F. I think this is because the VicJr has no heat crossover and the TB injectors don't do a good job of vaporizing fuel. This is probably why the stock intake routes hot water under and around the plenum. Point being if you go to an aftermarket intake, be sure to get one with exhaust crossover passages.
You are describing gasoline (and alcohols) latent heat of vaporization. If you took a pie pan of gasoline and set it in your driveway on a 100*F day, the pie pan would become very cool to the touch.

I never experienced icing, even in the middle of a snow/ice storm. But that being said, it was in an engine compartment that was very enclosed. I also had such an effective cooling system, that I had over 3/4 of the radiator blocked off by cardboard stuffed in between the radiator and condenser. The MAF picked up air right behind the radiator as well, not many choices for intake configuration on a fullsize G20 Van. I also played with running the system with the stock air cleaner housing and using the factory style hot air heat riser from the header tube. Really didn't make much difference either way in my application. It always took a 10+ minutes for the engine to warm up, idle down, and lean out anyway.