I am curious, at what point is it worth upgrading beyond the OEM TBI parts, for getting air in and out? Now, I know this can be a loaded question, so if anyone can answer it using my build, I'd appreciate it. Here is what I have going through my head. I originally build my truck to pass PA emissions, which for that year is a visual check, which it does, but I will now be under 5,000 miles per year and qualify for exemption, so I can modify.

Here the details:
1995 K1500 with 350, bored .030" over and now at 9.6:1 compression with 72cc dart s/s heads (165 intake). I used the Edelbrock 3704 intake because it retains the EGR Valve I needed. I have heard good and bad about this intake, but for me, at the time, it worked. Will I gain by going with a carb intake and an adapter plate? My cam is pretty much over at 5200 rpm. I also am running stock diameter throttle body have is shaved down. I thought about upgrading to a 454 TB or boring mine to 2" and making new throttle plates, but this would require something other than the 3704 intake. I just want to know if I am wasting time on this or if it would be worth it for up to 5200rpm. I am currently running stock manifolds, but they are going away for long tube ceramic headers this summer...so getting air back out is covered. I see so many different numbers about what the stock 5.7 TB flows, I don't want to be leaving untapped power on the curb. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BLG