I'm currently working on tuning a '93 K2500, TBI 350, 16168625 ecm, $E6 mask. Is it normal to have to disconnect the battery to be able to emulate? I can't get Tunerpro to emulate without first disconnecting the battery. From what I have read on here and various other forums, I should be able to take out my chip, plug in Tunerpro and be able to immediately start to emulate as long as the key was off during this process. This is not the case. Does anyone know why?

I was able to emulate and do some datalogging earlier today. The steps I took are as follows:
Disconnect the battery
Get tunerpro up and running (Bin, ADX, and XDF loaded)
Plug in ALDL cable to port
Plug ribbon cable into memory adapter and push into ecm
Plug both cables into the Autoprom. Plug Autoprom into computer via USB
Initialize hardware
Upload current bin to emulator
Verify Emulator against BIN
Enable emulation
Connect battery cable
Calibrate Wideband (key on, wait for error code, key off, connect sensor, key on, allow calibration to occur, key off, install sensor)

Truck then started and all data points were shown and ran without any errors. I unplugged my laptop to charge it. I took all of the same steps as above, minus disconnect/connect of battery and calibration of wideband. Truck started and sounded like it had a cam in it. Only some data points showed up on my "Item lists" on Tunerpro. For example, tachometer showed zero when engine was running. I figure that the truck was running on the backup network (NERS or whatever the abbreviation is). I disconnected the battery, reconnected, tried Tunerpro and it ran the same. Solution was to disconnect battery and install stock chip. Then it ran fine. It must be something that I am doing that is causing the problem (Which I 100% expect from myself) What is it that I am doing wrong??