Thread: lean cruise

Fuel Injected!

lean cruise

how do i know if my bin has lean cruise and how can i tell when its on ? my bin is OD BJYL?

I don't believe that lean cruise is implemented in $0D, but I could be wrong. I would like it to be, and it's on my list of things to attempt. I intend to try adding the code to do so. (that only happens in the winter time when I can't do stuff outside.)
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_in_dorris View Post
    I don't believe that lean cruise is implemented in $0D, but I could be wrong. I would like it to be, and it's on my list of things to attempt. I intend to try adding the code to do so. (that only happens in the winter time when I can't do stuff outside.)

ok thanks

Fuel Injected!
    I haven't run into lean cruise in $OD yet. I've also got BJYL.

However, I'm wondering if you could make note of what blocks you're in during normal cruise. Then, add a little time and adjust the VEs to a little lean? Would that even work?

Carb and Points!
    You can - sort of.

Title: Open Loop AFR vs. Temperature vs. Vacuum

Usage: Open Loop AFR Tables

Tips: Normally used for open loop but can be used in closed loop if L400D Bit 0 "Open Loop AFR Enabled" is enabled and temperature is greater than L48C6 "Minimum Temperature for Closed Loop" and temperature is less than L48C7 "Maximum Temperature for AFR Lookup in Closed Loop".
    I can't really find much information on how this actually works though, I've tried it and I can see my desired AFR changing but as I don't have a WBO2, I don't know how accurate it is. It doesn't seem to run in actual open loop as I still see the NBO2 switching like normal, but BLM's don't change, I assume it uses the VE tables for 14.7 and guesstimates how long to stay above/below the stoich point on the NB to reach the desired AFR.

Hopefully someone else here has played with this and has some more info as it seems like a good solution for those of us who don't have to stay at 14.7 because of cats.