Thread: 24* Knock retard, no knock counts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!

24* Knock retard, no knock counts

I'm trying to tune a '93 K2500 with a 350 TBI, 82,000 miles, only modification is a K&N air intake. ECM# 16168625, using a $E6 mask. I'm getting 24 degrees of knock retard with no knock counts. I used to have thousands of knock counts per second, but I plugged the stock backup resistor network pack on to my memory adapter, which made the knock counts go away. I read about doing this in a post and tried it. I have no idea why this works, and would love an explanation, but it solves the problem of having 20,000 knock counts a second. Back to the real problem; the knock retard has not gone away. I have unplugged the knock sensor and changed every table that I think could possibly influence the knock sensor. I still have 24 degrees of knock retard. Does anyone know why this is? It seems to me that the issue has to be somewhere in the code, but I have no idea where it is. I started tuning with the BDJZ bin off of this website and the .ADX and .XDF files from Tunerpro. I have attached my bin, .ADX and .XDF files. My bin is far from perfect, but I have only started to tune it. I have many, many things that I still have to learn. Distributor timing is at 0* per the factory settings. I advanced the timing 10* across the board in the main spark table for both open and closed throttle, so that it will drive somewhat decently down the road.
    Attached Files Attached Files