Thread: '97 LT1 emmisions Catalyst Incomplete question

'97 LT1 emmisions Catalyst Incomplete question

How many drive cycles does it take to do a Catalyst test on a '97 Trans Am LT1? It just keeps showing incomplete. My EGR and Air Pump come up incomplete too, but they are tuned out, no MIL. Does the EGR have to function to complete the Catalyst test?

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by freshcutmullet View Post
    How many drive cycles does it take to do a Catalyst test on a '97 Trans Am LT1? It just keeps showing incomplete. My EGR and Air Pump come up incomplete too, but they are tuned out, no MIL. Does the EGR have to function to complete the Catalyst test?

Thanks everyone!
    Ok.... Heres what I think I figured out.... Reading my service manuals, the Catalyst Readiness monitor will never complete without the rear O2 sensors. So..... I can have 2 incompletes to pass emmisions here in TN. Problem is, I have no EGR or Airpump. They are disabled in the tune. I found on a Camaro site a tutorial on how to sim the EGR, just to get it through emmissions. I took the EGR solenoid wires and connected them to the trigger side of a relay. The other side of the relay I connected to the Green middle wire and the rear wire of the MAP sensor, I put a 100 ohm resistor on the the wires to the MAP sensor (the tutorial suggested a 75, which I couldnt find). Once the EGR solenoid is triggered by the PCM it should put a load on the map sensor tricking the PCM into thinking the EGR valve is working.

I enabled all my EGR in the tune and put all the egr settings back to stock. So hopefully this will give me one more readiness monitor. Im gonna try this today, I will let you all know if it works.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?