Thread: Performance Numbers

Performance Numbers

Has anyone raced or dyno'd their build or ran anything on it? I am going to take mine to the track this summer for some good numbers...I have way to much wheel spin to get any kind of accurate numbers from my GTechPro, but I did get one half decent launch and pulled a 0-60 time of 6.98, but the tires still spun. I'm limited on truly flat road, so I have to get to the track. As I work with the tune, I hope I can improve this time as well. I don't think it's too bad for a full size 4x4 truck. I'd like to see low 15's...I'm not sure if I have quite enough motor for it, but time will tell. It definitely has plenty of torque to rip the tires off like it's noting. I see a 9.5" rear upgrade in my near future.

My info:
    95 K1500 4x4 Regular Cab Long Bed
    3.73 Gears, 4L60E, 2600 Stall
    355ci, 9.6:1 Compression, .039 Quench, Speed Pro 2V hypereutectic pistons, Scat Rods, balanced
    Edelbrock 3704 Intake, Modified Throttle Body, Undecided on rest
    Isky Roller Cam, 204/209 @.050" .480/.496 w/1.6 Roller Rockers
    Dart Iron Eagle S/S 165cc Heads, 72cc, port matched

I'm hoping to set a best time in the next couple of weeks when I get to the track. The car feels good, especially with the new injectors. A little more tuning and it should be real close.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I'm really itching to get this truck running correctly now, I am having some issues, and I am getting chip burning stuff now to tweek, but I managed a 9.58 @ 72mph on my GTECH pro tonight while checking things out...that's with a nasty bog that started since I swapped 7.4 injectors out to get cleaned and I am running 5.7 injectors at higher pressure. I didn't build it as a racer, but I've been racing for 15 years and I've raced everything from a 19 second ranger to a 10 second s10, so it is only natural to test it.

The nasty bog is keeping it from breaking the tires loose. 0-60mph in 6.6 seconds, with a bog but no tire spin. not too bad from a heavy pickup truck.

Barry

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by BLG355 View Post
    I'm really itching to get this truck running correctly now, I am having some issues, and I am getting chip burning stuff now to tweek, but I managed a 9.58 @ 72mph on my GTECH pro tonight while checking things out...that's with a nasty bog that started since I swapped 7.4 injectors out to get cleaned and I am running 5.7 injectors at higher pressure. I didn't build it as a racer, but I've been racing for 15 years and I've raced everything from a 19 second ranger to a 10 second s10, so it is only natural to test it.

The nasty bog is keeping it from breaking the tires loose. 0-60mph in 6.6 seconds, with a bog but no tire spin. not too bad from a heavy pickup truck.

Barry
    Not bad at all. About where my 5,800 lbs 2014 Nissan Titan crewcab Pro4x ran with a CAI and Exhaust. Ran consistent 9.50s @ 71-72 mph in the 1/8. Runs substantially quicker with some tuning.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Not bad at all. About where my 5,800 lbs 2014 Nissan Titan crewcab Pro4x ran with a CAI and Exhaust. Ran consistent 9.50s @ 71-72 mph in the 1/8. Runs substantially quicker with some tuning.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6IOLyWYBe8

That runs pretty good. I've been itching to build another race car. It has been almost four years since I sold my little drag truck. It ran a best of 10.79 @ 129 mph in the 1/4. I sold the truck, but I kept the engine, it's waiting for another project to go in. It was a blast to drive as a street truck but was 11.20's at best before I went with a roller cam and dipped into the 10's. It's an awesome motor though. Here is a video (or two) of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he3yq_5nQ9c
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXaPAE7PFW0

It's the kind of power that you can feel in your chest. I love it. I never had it dyno'd, but one of the locals built a very similar engine, with a tad less duration cam and smaller headers made 526hp. In the videos, I am pretty sure this is the lunati cam by how it sounds, I don't think I have any vids with the Isky Roller cam which is when it ran 10's, but still ran great with the lunati cam. 264/274 dur @ .050 and over .600 lift with 1.6 roller rockers, 3.5" open headers, music my ears! hopefully nobody notices that carb on top...