Thread: Disable AE and PE and O2 sensor for base tune

Fuel Injected!

Disable AE and PE and O2 sensor for base tune

I wish to RT tune the open loop base map without influences from the PCM processor. I am not sure how to turn off the PE (power enrichments), AE (Acceleration enrichments), and closed loop O2 corrections

i have a $31 mask on the 7427 pcm

there is a "Minimum MPH for PE" entry I could put 120 mph in but not sure how to disable other influences to create a accurate basemap

any ideas?

john

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 95GMC_sierra View Post
    I wish to RT tune the open loop base map without influences from the PCM processor. I am not sure how to turn off the PE (power enrichments), AE (Acceleration enrichments), and closed loop O2 corrections

i have a $31 mask on the 7427 pcm

there is a "Minimum MPH for PE" entry I could put 120 mph in but not sure how to disable other influences to create a accurate basemap

any ideas?

john
    Should be able to set the closed loop coolant temp enable point to something unrealistically high or simply unplug the 02 sensor.

I doubt the engine would even run if you disabled the AE or DE for that matter.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Should be able to set the closed loop coolant temp enable point to something unrealistically high or simply unplug the 02 sensor.

I doubt the engine would even run if you disabled the AE or DE for that matter.

Ok on the O2, AE disabled during emulation for a basemap to start off with won't work?

Hmmm. How am I to modify base maps tuned in open loop mode for the closed loop to work off of?

john

Fuel Injected!
    Ok on the O2, AE disabled during emulation for a basemap to start off with won't work?

Hmmm. How am I to modify base maps tuned in open loop mode for the closed loop to work off of?

john
    AE shouldn't really hurt your VE tables, which should really only be adjusted at a steady throttle/load anyway. With a wet manifold like a carb or TBI the engine will bog and stumble badly if the accelerator pump shot, AE is removed.

Fuel Injected!
    AE shouldn't really hurt your VE tables, which should really only be adjusted at a steady throttle/load anyway. With a wet manifold like a carb or TBI the engine will bog and stumble badly if the accelerator pump shot, AE is removed.

Ahhh huh thank you... What about the power enrichment? Are they the same as the AE? Should that be disabled by a a high speed try? there is a "Minimum MPH for PE" entry I could put a high speed in or should it not matte?

john

Second that, don't disable AE. Set minimum temp for PE to maximum amount, Also set minimum temp DFCO to maximum amount. Hope you have an AFR gauge?
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Fuel Injected!
    Ahhh huh thank you... What about the power enrichment? Are they the same as the AE? Should that be disabled by a a high speed try? there is a "Minimum MPH for PE" entry I could put a high speed in or should it not matte?

john
    Personally, I set the command air/fuel ratio to 13:1 with a warm engine. Then set the PE air/fuel ratio to 13:1. Turn closed loop off with the coolant temp. Disable catalyst overheat protection, the EGR and charcoal canister purge. Then when I review the datalog I watch for rising or falling throttle position or MAP. If either are transitioning, I throw that data out. From there you can look at the various RPM and MAP readings and adjust your VEs based off the resulting wideband air/fuel ratio readings. A wet manifold will never be perfect by any imagination. I get it pretty close.

Fuel Injected!
    Personally, I set the command air/fuel ratio to 13:1 with a warm engine. Then set the PE air/fuel ratio to 13:1. Turn closed loop off with the coolant temp. Disable catalyst overheat protection, the EGR and charcoal canister purge. Then when I review the datalog I watch for rising or falling throttle position or MAP. If either are transitioning, I throw that data out. From there you can look at the various RPM and MAP readings and adjust your VEs based off the resulting wideband air/fuel ratio readings. A wet manifold will never be perfect by any imagination. I get it pretty close.
    thanks fast. We are getting there slowly...