Thread: I am needing a stock 2003 or 2004 LB7 Duramax 6.6 binary file....to repair a pcm

Fuel Injected!

I am needing a stock 2003 or 2004 LB7 Duramax 6.6 binary file....to repair a pcm

A friend of mine has managed to brick a PCM in a duramax he was tuning, and I was just trying to repair it for him. I had done a stock reflash on the PCM with my service programming, and for kicks hooked up tunercat obd2 cable and was able to read and save a .cal file. AFter I left he messed up the PCM. Anyways, I am looking for someone who might have a stock 03 or 04 LB7 Duramax that has OBD2 cable and can read a .bin file out of it. I have the equipment to lift surface mount flash chip and reprogram the chip in an eprom programmer..so I just need the bin at this point. I sent my .cal to Westers but the converted binary file is missing the vin and serial number information...

hope someone can help

thanks in advance.

-Brendan.

i have one post up the .cal you want done.

The 2003 LB7 pcm i know was flashed with TIS so the serial is a bunch of zeros i dunno if thats goinng to mess you up. I also have an 01 LB7 ECM but i havent flashed anything in it.

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah I need one with the complete x4000 to x4090 range in the binary, which includes the BCC, VIN, and Serial Number. The vehicle has now had two efi live licenses bought for it, one for each of the PCM's he has bricked lol. I told him I would try to do what I could with it. This is the cal from the PCM before he bricked it this last time, but unfortunately I read it in .cal, not .bin.

attached are two files, the .cal is what I read from his PCM right after I did service programming using the trucks VIN. The .bin file attached is what I read from the eprom chip after I lifted it from the PCM circuit board. I have already byte flipped it so it looks normal in hex editor. I tried copying the region from x4000 to x4090 from the corrupt bin, into a new binary converted from the .cal (thanks Westers Garage), but when i burned the chip, and put it back in the PCM, still no response, no communication.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well i know with the core ECM i have im able to flash a good .cal in it but the serial and bcc dont stick then again im not lifting the chip. i dont know maybe i can flash it in the 01?? i hate to blow out the serial on it too

Fuel Injected!
    flashing with TIS usually won't zero the serial number info..usually if you force a different year or application into a pcm it will wipe the serial number. I know on the 12200411 x4000 has the info for trucks, but on f-body and y-body its at x6000. Its also different between the 99-00 red/blue pcm, and the 01-02 red/blue pcm. What I'm finding 2001-2004 was the same PCM on the duramax, so I should be able to put any of those in this PCM I would think just to get it rocking and rolling again. You know how to read a .bin out of the PCM right? by using the Ctrl+T and go into the Test tab, and do save FLASH image, select PCM type, than read pcm.

well I bricked my 01 LB7 ecm and was able to use my 2002-2004 LB7 the one with the serial 00000000000 and as I though reading back out in .bin it didn't put the serial or bcc in it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    The binary I have is all 'FF' in the x4000 region, I tried loading that binary (byte flipped of course) and still no response from the PCM. The chip identity's properly and will verify fine. Using a GQ-4X programmer with the ADP-019 adapter.