Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: EagleMark

Fuel Injected!
    All the best thoughts hopes for things to work out.

Electronic Ignition!
    Just heard, will keep you in my prayers.

Tom

Fuel Injected!
    Mark, praying for you. Sorry to hear the news. Thanks for this forum and all the hard work you've put into it!

Mark, praying for you and the doctors, get well

Mark,
    It just isn't the same around here when your not posting and replying. You have always been such a big part of this forum and it is not the same without you. I will continue to pray for you, your doctors and a speedy recovery.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Mark, just wanted to say hi. Make sure you keep them Nurses in line, or I'll have to come down there and teach them how to do it. Sorry, I wont be as fun to look at, unless you are into 6'4" 250lb men with crew cuts and hairy backs.

Seriously though, if ever a physician or nurse talks over your head, or you dont understand something simply ask again. You have every right as a client to be treated with compassion, and to take as much time from their schedules as you need. They work for you. Most health professional are great, but some need to be taken down a notch.

I will share with you my most favourite physician/patient interaction.

I was working with a patient at their bedside with the curtain drawn. The male doctor comes to the door of the 4 bed ward room I was working in and knocks (at least he knocked) and said Mr. Soandso, its Dr. SoAndSo. I replied"We are in here and I will be finished in just a minute"
    Just then the physician pulls back the curtain walks through and starts talking quickly at a time when my patient was exposed and their concentration was elsewhere.
    The patient said" Just a second doc, as you can see I'm busy".
    The doctor seemed irritated, and continued to talk.
    I finished my procedure, cleaned up quickly, regowned and recovered my patient. And was gathering my things preparing to leave the bedside, when the patient says in the most clear and condescending voice voice:
    "OK sir, now that my excellent nurse has removed his fingers from my anus and has finished his excellent work, I can now
    have a conversation with you. Lets talk about education, I understand that you have a doctorate in medicine, and apparently you graduated with honours in being an asshole."

I literally had to bite the inside of my mouth as I pulled the curtain behind me as I left. It didnt help that the other 3 patients in the ward room were literally laughing out loud.

The patient was a Professor that works at a nearby University. He was also a doctor, he was a PhD having his doctorate in philosophy. Apparently his philosophy that day was to put that rude physician in his place.

Anyways I hope you never get a rude doctor like that one, but I hope the story brightened you day even for a second.

Mark best wishes to you and your family.

peace
    Paul

Fuel Injected!
    Mark, we've only emailed once or twice but my thoughts and prayers are with you. This year my wife almost drowned trying to save her friend that did drown. I have another young friend who has serious lung cancer (never smoked even) and an aunt who has brain cancer (but is in remission!)- and another good friend who has something like ALS (just diagnosed) and a mother in law with Parkinsons-- so life kinda sucks sometime and it has been a crappy year for many of us. I am ready for 2014 to go. Hang in there and fight hard. Know that people you don't even know are holding you in their thoughts and prayers. You are not alone. KV.

Carb and Points!
    Dave W
    I am one of the customers of EagleMark. I got the starter tune from him, and he is now in the hospital. Maybe you or someome else can help me. My vehicle is a '94 chevy truck with 350 tbi...460LE trans. I recently replaced the engine with a used '97 L31 roller cam engine and L98 heads from a third gen camaro (one of my stock swirl port heads was cracked). I have replaced the fuel pump and increase fuel pressure to 15 psi as recommended by EagleMark. The truck runs fairly well with the new tune once it is warmed up. When I first start it the engine rpms surge between 500 to 1200 rpm and sometimes stalls. When I put it into drive it settles down some, but it is still there. A few times it has tried to stall on me pulling off from a stoplight. Once it warms up it idles steady at about 500 rpm. I have only communicated with Mark thru his personal email and phone and I don't want to bother him right now. I hope he is doing ok and has a complete recovery.
    Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Daysaver View Post
    Dave W
    I am one of the customers of EagleMark. I got the starter tune from him, and he is now in the hospital. Maybe you or someome else can help me. My vehicle is a '94 chevy truck with 350 tbi...460LE trans. I recently replaced the engine with a used '97 L31 roller cam engine and L98 heads from a third gen camaro (one of my stock swirl port heads was cracked). I have replaced the fuel pump and increase fuel pressure to 15 psi as recommended by EagleMark. The truck runs fairly well with the new tune once it is warmed up. When I first start it the engine rpms surge between 500 to 1200 rpm and sometimes stalls. When I put it into drive it settles down some, but it is still there. A few times it has tried to stall on me pulling off from a stoplight. Once it warms up it idles steady at about 500 rpm. I have only communicated with Mark thru his personal email and phone and I don't want to bother him right now. I hope he is doing ok and has a complete recovery.
    Thank you in advance.
    I also hope Mark has a complete recovery. PM Sent.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Mark, I was able to catch your your post. Wish you had not deleted it. My heart goes out to you and your family, best wishes to you. I would like to give a THANK YOU to you and all other members of this forum who have taken the time to help people like me to learn EFI tuning. It is not often that people give and ask nothing in return. THANK YOU MY FRIEND, and THANK YOU all members of this forum who give help.

Fuel Injected!
    Mark I hope you get better, hang in there buddy

I feel encouraged after I recently spoke with Mark on the phone. I called Mark wanting to schedule a visit with him again, my last visit with Mark was about a month ago. It was tough to see Mark struggle with daily tasks! During our brief phone conversation a few days ago, Mark shared with me that he might be released from the hospital this coming week. I know we all hope / pray that Mark has a speedy recovery, and are eager for his return to the board. I've offered to be Mark's keyboard when we get together next. I'm sure those of you who have visited with Mark personally, know he enjoys sharing information.

Mark, you are an "Inspiration" to all of us.

dave w

Such a relief to hear good news. Dave, when you make it over this way to see him, let me know. I wish I had more time to go down and see him, but two jobs and 7 days a week totaling 60-70 hours, doesn't leave much time to do other stuff. Thanks for the update.

Mark, we miss ya buddy.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s