Thread: Frustrated with ALDL Cable

Fuel Injected!

Frustrated with ALDL Cable

Guys I just spent many hours trying to get my aldl cable to work. I even set up my laptop to dual boot with windows 7 and windows XP. I could not get it to work with WINALDL. I had it working several years ago with a older laptop. I really wanted to do some data logging today.
    So I did some searching around this forum and found "Cable Installation to TunerPro RT" well I just updated the driver and change the settings in tunerproRT. I will have to try it out my next day off. This forum is a goldmine, lots of great information!

Fuel Injected!
    Very good idea to upgrade to TunerPro. Mr. Mansur has done us all a service with this great little piece of software. What cable are you using? if it is FTDI based then there are a few issues which are easily overcome with the proper drivers. Make sure you are using the correct comm port for your cable in TP, don't use the autoprom setting unless thats the cable you are using and don't worry if TP doesnt recognize your cable, most cables wont be detected from my expreience. As long as the blue "DA:Connected" tab is highlighted when you connect and data flows thats all you need.

Feel free to post your results and questions, this forum is full of great guys that are more than willing to help,

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Quote Originally Posted by 92TBIVentura View Post
    Guys I just spent many hours trying to get my aldl cable to work. I even set up my laptop to dual boot with windows 7 and windows XP. I could not get it to work with WINALDL. I had it working several years ago with a older laptop. I really wanted to do some data logging today.
    Before I found this place, I was very frustrated trying to get my cable to work with other software. It works just fine with TunerPro RT, but never got it right with anything else except DataMaster. But TunerPro RT is much better.

Fuel Injected!
    I got it to work now with WIN ALDL and TunerproRT will recognize it and I can see live data now. I just need to figure out how to get it to log.

Super Moderator
    well, you have the potentially difficult part done.

in tunerpro, should be as simple as pressing the record button on the top bar(or going to Acquisition->Record through the menus).
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

TunerPro will need the correct .ads / .adx file, similar to the way WinALDL has you select the type of computer.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    I did another data log today and set up the dash etc. I hit the record button and recorded driving at various speeds. Then played it back.
    So how do I figure what changes to make to my bin by watching it play back. With Win ALDL I can just look at the BLMs and see if I need more or less fuel.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks I found a thread on how to convert the $42 ads file to a adx and I got it to work today.