Thread: Can TunerPro change/interpet other crank signals?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!

Can TunerPro change/interpet other crank signals?

I'm doing a swap with a 1227730 GM ECM and want to run a DIS setup. The motor I'm working on is a 2.0l Neon Motor(98). From what I gather, I can run a LD9 ICM with a 7X trigger wheel and that will give me my crank signal to run the Coil Pack that's already on the neon.

One issue I have is that the neon motor doesn't give a great area to place a trigger wheel as the crank pulley isn't keyed to the crank snout. (Still looking at how I can machine a wheel to work)

There is a factory crank trigger wheel built into the crankshaft. Since Chrysler has the ICM built into the ECM, Am I out of luck from using the stock Neon Crank sensor? I did think of going the megasquirt route as those have the ability to decode the neon crank signal, but once I heard about using a GM ECM for just about anything, it became a no-brainer for me as I have a few other projects that I can use the GM ECM swap on (With running Ostrich2.0)

So I'm hoping there is a way that I can utilize the stock neon crank trigger wheel and sensor and have tuner pro decode it or run with it. Would I just need to know the degrees of the crank trigger wheel to accomplish this? Or would I need another key part (Like a ICM) to use the crank sensor?

Already spend days reading up on tunerpro, ostrich2.0, GM ECM swap, but haven't found a clear answer yet. Thanks!

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images