Thread: Can TunerPro change/interpet other crank signals?

Carb and Points!

Can TunerPro change/interpet other crank signals?

I'm doing a swap with a 1227730 GM ECM and want to run a DIS setup. The motor I'm working on is a 2.0l Neon Motor(98). From what I gather, I can run a LD9 ICM with a 7X trigger wheel and that will give me my crank signal to run the Coil Pack that's already on the neon.

One issue I have is that the neon motor doesn't give a great area to place a trigger wheel as the crank pulley isn't keyed to the crank snout. (Still looking at how I can machine a wheel to work)

There is a factory crank trigger wheel built into the crankshaft. Since Chrysler has the ICM built into the ECM, Am I out of luck from using the stock Neon Crank sensor? I did think of going the megasquirt route as those have the ability to decode the neon crank signal, but once I heard about using a GM ECM for just about anything, it became a no-brainer for me as I have a few other projects that I can use the GM ECM swap on (With running Ostrich2.0)

So I'm hoping there is a way that I can utilize the stock neon crank trigger wheel and sensor and have tuner pro decode it or run with it. Would I just need to know the degrees of the crank trigger wheel to accomplish this? Or would I need another key part (Like a ICM) to use the crank sensor?

Already spend days reading up on tunerpro, ostrich2.0, GM ECM swap, but haven't found a clear answer yet. Thanks!

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    If you are interfacing the neon crank sensor to the GM ecm, TunerPro will interpret the crank signal as it comes through the datastream from the ecm, no direct connection to the crank sensor. All you need to do is make sure that ecm will accept the signal from the sensor correctly. Thats out of my area of expertise but there are some fine individuals here that should be able to answer that.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Super Moderator
    that kind of signal pattern with the crank sensor will not play well at all with a 7730.

it's not a tunerpro issue at all, it is one of ECM hardware/software.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    that kind of signal pattern with the crank sensor will not play well at all with a 7730.

it's not a tunerpro issue at all, it is one of ECM hardware/software.
    I had a good feeling that was going to be the end outcome. On to making a trigger wheel then.