Thread: 1/8" NPT schrader valve that's fuel rated? Where can I find one...

1/8" NPT schrader valve that's fuel rated? Where can I find one...

Anybody have a good source?
    Can find them all day long for air/water, but having trouble finding one that I'm 100% confident it is safe/rated for use in a fuel injection system.

Anyone know any vehicles that have one I can pull @ the junkyard?
    Tony

'88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (aka Babywag)
    '67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8

I should know this cause I have one installed in each of my fuel rails, but for the life of me I can not remember what it came out of. I am thinking it was some type of 90's model front wheel drive V6 GM car. (could even have been a buick or pontiac) Its not NPT threads, but it threads on and seals with a rubber/aluminum washer. I cant remember the thread size though. Heres a pic of it installed in my fuel rail.

2012-01-28110659.jpg
    Last edited by JeepsAndGuns; 04-20-2014 at 03:54 PM.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

I got one a few years ago. I am almost certain it was off of a mid 90s V8 Ford. I have never used it and I'm not sure if it is 1/8" NPT but it looks close.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB, 5.0, 4L80e, Moser M60, 4.10 gear, Homemade twin turbo w/Junkyard T3 turbos, 24x CNP, 12200411 PCM.

If you go to any oreilly's they should be able to order replacement fittings for their fuel pressure testers also there is a company we deal with that sell bits and pieces like that. I believe it is called S&G. I will try to find you a part # when I go back to work.

ok that company is called S&G tool aid corp. I did not find a Schrader by itself but they do have these adapters with that style of valve, or you could contact them to see if they sell just the valve.

http://www.toolaid.com/content/doubl...-quick-coupler
    http://www.toolaid.com/content/gm-th...e-test-adapter

Administrator
    Old Ford cars have a 1/8" NPT Schraeder which has a "small" diameter stem on the valve side. It's the same size as a tire stem. Can't find any pictures because the internet doesn't seem to remember any Ford fuel rails prior to the '90s.

GM cars from the '80s and '90s with aluminum fuel rails have Schraeder valves which have the same size fitting as old R134 high side fittings but the fuel rail side is a machine thread with a gasket. 2.8/3.1 V6 powered cars are a very common source of this valve.

I've had no fear using a housing designed for air and a core designed for a/c work. The a/c seal material ime is very fuel resistant.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by babywag View Post
    Anybody have a good source?
    Can find them all day long for air/water, but having trouble finding one that I'm 100% confident it is safe/rated for use in a fuel injection system.

1/8" NPT schrader valve that's fuel rated? Where can I find one...

Anyone know any vehicles that have one I can pull @ the junkyard?
    This is a late addition to this thread, but it may help someone else who does a search for this kind of thing and gets a link to this discussion. I needed a 1/8" NPT schrader valve that is reliably fuel-rated in August, 2016 and after hours of searching found one at an reasonable price at:

http://www.dieselorings.com/schrader...-1-8-mnpt.html

I am not associated with the above website in any way.

-- J.R.
    Last edited by J_R_S; 08-26-2016 at 01:52 AM. Reason: clarification

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TBI-fuel-pre...tUJEQZ&vxp=mtr

This is what Ive been running on my BBC TBI for about 3 years. No leaks.