So I am considering switching over my 5.7 Express to a gaseous fuel. Either Propane or CNG, not sure which yet. Considering propane because I can get it at almost every truck stop across the nation due to the fact many Refer units run on LPG.

I currently have a weak fuel pump and I am not too keen on the 18 year old rigid plastic 5/16" fuel lines running from the back of the engine to the fuel tank over the top of the exhaust. Although I have a new Delphi fuel pump in my garage for the application, I am considering building a gaseous system. I am considering a dedicated system, however if I keep the liquid fuel system it will be of much less capacity than stock and likely E85 due to the compression ratio I plan on running.

Now I am getting conflicting information in my research. The engine the gaseous system will need to feed is approximately 450 HP @ 6,000 rpm and 5.7L displacement but may go as much as 383 (3.75" stroker) or 396 (3.875" stroker)one day and thinking of building it for very high compression.

Really looking for your input Caleditor. I know you have experience with gaseous fuel conversions.