Thread: Quick reply

Administrator

Quick reply

Is this the official bug reporting thread? This is the only forum I'm on that has a quick reply box at the end of a thread. Ok, no big deal. But if I click the reply to thread button only the top line of the quick reply box displays. I'll probably get used to it after a bit but if the entire box were displayed then a user would know right away that's where to type the reply.
    Last edited by 1project2many; 11-16-2011 at 02:38 PM.

No, I moved your post because it's a differant topic.

I will look into overall settings for your usergroup then your settings and see if I can find the issue. I had them all the same, options all open, then if someone does not like it they can turn off in their settings. Chris (sixshooter) and I may have conflicted?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I went over that option. I had it set for quick reply enabled no click needed. Read the notes and that can cause issues with Java Script from computer to computer. This may have been the issue with James Ellerey and myself loosing posts! So changed it to "Quick Reply Enabled upon click". so now you will not see the quick reply anywhere. But when you click on Reply to Thread, the quick reply box will show so you can use it, or go to bottom of quick reply to "Go Advanced"

Thanks for the feedback!

-= =-

I didn't change anything to do with the replying to threads, I also hadn't seen this issue, although I did try to see if it would happen for me, and could not re-create the problem.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Administrator
    Works great now.

FWIW I can use any of several different machines during the day. IE6+WinXP, IE7+WinXP, Firefox+Win2k, Seamonkey+WinXp, and even an old Mac Powerbook with an ancient copy of Netscape Navigator from time to time.

There was another bug I didn't have time to report where posting a reply from the quick reply box, after clicking submit the reply would displayed as part of the thread, and it would still be in the quick reply box as well. I'm not seeing that issue now but it happened on the IE6 machine which I probably won't use again until tomorrow.

Humm.... Never had any issue with the quick reply either. But we know how it goes, sometime not everyone has the same problems.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Works great now.

FWIW I can use any of several different machines during the day. IE6+WinXP, IE7+WinXP, Firefox+Win2k, Seamonkey+WinXp, and even an old Mac Powerbook with an ancient copy of Netscape Navigator from time to time.

There was another bug I didn't have time to report where posting a reply from the quick reply box, after clicking submit the reply would displayed as part of the thread, and it would still be in the quick reply box as well. I'm not seeing that issue now but it happened on the IE6 machine which I probably won't use again until tomorrow.
    Probably more the JavaScript on the IE6.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Humm.... Never had any issue with the quick reply either. But we know how it goes, sometime not everyone has the same problems.
    It's differances in operating system, browser version, but with quick reply mostly Java script. If your computer is not anceint and has had updates it should not have issues.

-= =-

Well, my computer is anceint (2002 model ) But it regularly updates itself.
    Its just kinda hard to justify buying a new one when this one still works for what I use it for (pretty much internet only)
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Administrator
    If your computer is not anceint and has had updates it should not have issues.
    Ancient? Ummm.... Intel provided the last bios for this machine sometime around '01. It's an old Intel STL2 server with a gigabit ethernet card, dual 1Ghz processors, dual onboard SCSI controllers, and a gig of registered memory. I've had this one since maybe 2004 or 2005. It's still faster than many of the newer machines but the PCI graphics card can slow down the fun.

Edit: I think I'm going to have to change browsers. I'm seeing a few bugs here tonight that aren't apparent when I use IE to view the forum. I guess Firefox is in my future.
    Last edited by 1project2many; 11-23-2011 at 10:08 AM.