Question from a Newbie.

I don't know if this is a bad word around here but I'm planning a future EBL install. My truck is a 1994 GMC K1500 with 5.7L and 4L60E trans. Originally had 3.42 but now 3.73 ratio.

I want to make a custom wire harness so I don't hack into my stock harness on the truck. I've seen some threads where guys take the connectors out of a donor PCM, desolder it from the circuit board and then use DB9 connectors to wire it up to a connector harness for the PCM and another set for the EBL ECM. (I think I have this jargon correct). In this manner I could easilly go back to stock if I wanted.

Question. I'm looking for a donor PCM. Mine PCM is a 16197427. Does the code (like a BJWT) really matter? I think that's just the specific calibration of the stock EPROM right? So if I got any old 16197427 donor PCM then I could tear it apart and be OK for my wire harness right?

Question 2. I can find donor PCM's on ebay in the $40-$50 range but it seems a shame to destroy a perfectly good working PCM just to get the connector out of it. Is there a better source for the connector? Is there a source of "non-working" PCM's? Does anybody here have a junk one they want to part with for a few bucks?

Thanks in advance...!!!!

-KEN-