Thread: 7749 Code 59 bin

Fuel Injected!

7749 Code 59 bin

Hey there, Im getting absolutely no answers on the code 59 website so im going to try here.

I Have a 2.0 liter turbo engine in my sunbird, running the 7749 ecm with $58... Im running the ostrich emulator and I also have everything needed to run code 59, except the bin.

I need a bin for a STOCK 2.0 turbo 5 spd car...

That being said, if there are none out there anymore floating around (there used to be but links are gone) I have my stock $58 bin if anyone can do a copy to convert it to 59..

I refuse to use a "code 59 v6 starter bin" when I only had to spend 20 mins with the stock bin and got it running pretty dang good and removed all knock. Why throw a monkey wrench into the setup...

Any help is greatly appreciated as ive been searching for several weeks for this, and this stupid bin is the only thing that's held me up.

As I told you in a PM a week ago the starter bins are your best option.

Honestly, if you refuse to use the starter bin, then forget about using $59.

I would never trust anyone else's bin, I only trust what I tune. I've looked through some of the other "tuned" bins and question a LOT of what was done. There was only a couple that seemed good.

The starter bins are as close to stock $58 converted bins as you can get.

I don't understand your continuance to make this ant hill into a mountain.

You could have been up and running long ago, if you would just heed my advice. If the stock $58 bin only took you 20 minutes to get running well, I don't see why you think that starting with a $59 starter bin will be any different. There is no magic bin out there for you.

Maybe you're just confused about what the starter bins are, this link might help clear that up: http://www.code59.org/index.php?topic=1927.0

Keep in mind they will be set for 6 cyl, and I believe automatic, which is a quick scaler setting and a bit click away from being a 4 cyl, manual bin.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry, don't want you to think I just dissregaured your message..You said to check out the starter bins on that website and there were no files in the 4 cylinder section, so I figured that was a dead end.

As for the v6 bin, I figured EVERYTHING would need a ton of work. I was reading a thread about how to manually convert one from 58 to 59 and it made my head want to explode, stuff needed copied that I didn't even have a clue what it was and figured I wouldn't know how to tune it normally if I were to get a v6 starter bin..

That and I heard there was a cal copy app or something that could easily copy a bins info to convert it?

I will take a look at the bins on your link right now.

Fuel Injected!
    Links in that thread are dead by the way.

Yes the links are, but the download section should be good.

Only the developers have that cal copy program/app. It only gets it close though, and really only applies to bins that have been extensively tuned in $58.
    Last edited by Six_Shooter; 04-15-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I just looked in the downloads section and see that the starter bins are not there, odd.

Here are the 4 starter bins:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator
    Just a comment that might help in the future...

I refuse to use a "code 59 v6 starter bin" when I only had to spend 20 mins with the stock bin and got it running pretty dang good and removed all knock. Why throw a monkey wrench into the setup...
    Many people here and elsewhere have done much, much more work for much smaller returns. $59, for example, is the result of many years of work. Yet the dollar return to the author is zero. You get to take it and use it free of charge and don't even have to send a thank you note! That code builds on work done by others, which is also available for free. So when you ask for help and say that spending more than 20 minutes copying values is too much work, don't be surprised if the people who can help you or teach you also opt for an easier way... not bothering.

Have you sent a note to Paul or Dig asking if they'd be willing to build a cal with your stock file?

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks six, ill download it now.

Yes, I have messaged those two a while back, doesn't look like they've been on in quite some time tho.