Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bypassing / Eliminating 2012 5.3 Liter Fuel Pump Control Module E38 Computer

I'm researching options, the information posted is very helpful!

Attached are a couple screen screen shots:
    One showing the VIN from the donor vehicle. I'm very interested in tech information for the VIN show in the screen shot. I realize other makes and models are similar. Information for the VIN posted is likely the most accurate! The donor vehicle is not available to me. I only have the E38 computer, and the wiring harness that was on the engine. I do not have any other parts, pieces or information to piece this puzzle together with.

The other screen shot is showing the fuel pump type, according to what I read from the E38 computer using EFI Live. I am somewhat confused, I would have thought that the donor vehicle would have a variable speed pump if it had been equipped with a Fuel Pump Control Module (FPCM)?

One of my goals as a moderator, is provide information that will help others now and in the future. Most members will not be working with a 2012 engine transplant anytime soon. Information on how to safely handle fuel delivery is essential / paramount for this engine transplant! Looking to the future, it's very likely someone will find this tread and want to use the information for an identical engine transplant project.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I'm researching options, the information posted is very helpful!

Attached are a couple screen screen shots:
    One showing the VIN from the donor vehicle. I'm very interested in tech information for the VIN show in the screen shot. I realize other makes and models are similar. Information for the VIN posted is likely the most accurate! The donor vehicle is not available to me. I only have the E38 computer, and the wiring harness that was on the engine. I do not have any other parts, pieces or information to piece this puzzle together with.

The other screen shot is showing the fuel pump type, according to what I read from the E38 computer using EFI Live. I am somewhat confused, I would have thought that the donor vehicle would have a variable speed pump if it had been equipped with a Fuel Pump Control Module (FPCM)?

One of my goals as a moderator, is provide information that will help others now and in the future. Most members will not be working with a 2012 engine transplant anytime soon. Information on how to safely handle fuel delivery is essential / paramount for this engine transplant! Looking to the future, it's very likely someone will find this tread and want to use the information for an identical engine transplant project.

dave w

Dave the def file that EFILive has built may have some parameters that do not belong. Ross states that 90% or more of the code is the same between the E38 & the E67. The E38 does not support boost, but you will see parameters for boost. The E67 supports a 3 phase fuel pump. I am not sure if that's the PWM fuel pump or not. I have not collected a bin file for the ZL1 calibration. The reason I posted the V6 calibrations and files is because that is how set up calibrations when I remove the FPCM. I have a 2011 V6 calibration, but it is a CNG vehicle that I tuned. I did not want to confuse anyone with this file. I do not have the OE file from the car anymore and the car was tuned with a BETA version of TC.

I will send you link to 2012 vehicles with E38 ECM's --> GMT-900, Impala V6 & V8, Camaro V8 and the E67 Camaro. You can post the information, I tried earlier and failed

My research shows the 2009 Wrangler fuel delivery system is:
    Retrunless
    Fuel Pressure Regulator is in the Fuel Pump Module (inside the fuel tank)
    Fuel Pressure is set to 58 PSI +/- 2 PSI

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleditor View Post
    I got EFILive open today.

laptop just got me with this post. I hit space and it posted the first line

look at F0585

Sorry about all of the files, but I can not see all of the details in my folders currently
    Were did you get these bin files from? I'd love some E67 V8 files, and E40 V8 files in that format, so they can be hex edited.

Fuel Injected!
    A 2007 Trailblazer with E67, or E67 2006-07 CtSv, does not have a FPCM, and you could try segment swapping the system file, since that's were that is stored I believe, but then you risk other things not working like they ounce you would also have to flag the appropriate dtcs, to off. If you have HPT, you can select FPCM not fitted on most E67s, prob E38s as well.