Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: controlling 4l60e

Electronic Ignition!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
    Because the convertor wint fit in the housing or? Hadnet hearded this so just wondering so I can look out for it. Thanks
    The newer LS style engines have a longer, larger diameter input shaft and the V8 converters are much larger in diameter. My old 2.8 had like a 9.5" converter and my 350 was atleast 12". The newer stuff is atleast 11". If the colorado and trailblazer share converters it likely will not even fit in the 2.2 bellhousing.

Fuel Injected!

Looks like an 0411 style PCM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    i think it's TCC signal that's the big deal; later ones are PWM and if you use early code it'll fry the TCC or something.
    93-94 were non-pwm TCC apply whereas the 95 and up are all pwm. I usually eliminate the pwm function and revert back to a simple on-off TCC. The pwm TCC was instituted for a few reasons such as converter lock-up feel especially with different tcc clutch lining materials used for different vehicles with different holding capacity. Depending on the application you can eliminate the pwm function without worry of anything more than a firmer tcc lockup.
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Also changes to the 3-2 downshift solenoid as well. Also have to get the right input shaft, pump and converter. I have not seen a removeable bellhousing for a 60*V6.
    Pretty much all 4L60E's from '99-up have removable bellhousing. The 97ish-up 3.4 f-body trans should work. Will have correct bell, converter, etc. It will have to be a package deal as the input shaft and converter must match the 60*v6.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    there's a guy on this forum working on a very affordable standalone controller, but i think it might be a ways off of being ready?
    Ya, I'm still working on the controller. Need to line out a few more items before its ready for the road and time is not my friend at the moment. Still waiting on Steveo to send me the updated code for review. Anywho, here's the thread on my controller project if you're interested or just curious.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ion-controller

Buddrow

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by buddrow View Post
    Pretty much all 4L60E's from '99-up have removable bellhousing. The 97ish-up 3.4 f-body trans should work. Will have correct bell, converter, etc. It will have to be a package deal as the input shaft and converter must match the 60*v6.
    So the 60° its own style input shaft?

Also can I swap the 60e sruff into my stock ecm or is that not doable?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by buddrow View Post
    you mean the 3800 F-bodies?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    you mean the 3800 F-bodies?
    Ya, I forget they went to 3800. Friend has a '95 Bird 3.4, that's what i was thinking about but it's a one piece bell.

Fuel Injected!
    So the 60° its own style input shaft?

Also can I swap the 60e sruff into my stock ecm or is that not doable?
    Yes the 60* v6 input shaft and converter, is all its own, similar to the 2.2L 4 cyl stuff.

As for the 60E stuff into your pcm, its doubful it will be easy to accomplish. As mentioned earlier, I am working on a controller for the 60E as well as the 80E. It is in development currently with no determined time to market. May be 2 weeks, may be 2 months. If you can stand the wait, hang out and follow my thread and we will get you going with the 60E. Bear in mind that the 60E is marginal as an off-road trans without some internal upgrades.

if you are in a hurry you might check out the Megashift controller from the guys at Megasquirt.
    Buddrow

You might also be able to find an ECM that will controll the 60E and the engine and swap that in place of your current ECM.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    awesome, I can wait a couple months, I know the 60e isnt the best option but the 30s worse lol the 60 atleast has the aftermarket support. Looks like ill be looking into making the colo 60 into 60° bell housing a little further. Ill prob be getting a 2.2 trans not just housing so may just swap the input shaft over, not simple but very doable
    Last edited by Rodeo; 04-10-2014 at 01:59 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    If you get the 2.2L trans you shouldn't have to swap input shafts. The I6/L5 trailblazer/colorado bellhousings and converters are specific to those engines so I would look for either the 2.2 or V6 bell/converter setup. The trans is going to have to be gone through to change the output shaft for a 4wd unless you find a 2.2L 4wd S-10 trans. And you will have to procure the t-case adapter from the colorado trans if you're wanting to use the isuzu tcase. You might also look at Isuzu Hombre trucks for trans. may have just the setup you're looking for.

Buddrow

Electronic Ignition!
    The hombre is the sameas a s10, just diffrent grill. I want to use the colorado trans because it has a diffrent valve body and pan that create clearance for the front drive shaft, if I swap tail shafts and use the s10 trans the front shaft will hit the pan. I esentially need to use the colorado trans with the 60° inpur shaft, bell housing and tourque converter. I needed to get both trannys ayway so its just a little more work than expected to adapt it

Fuel Injected!
    You won't need the Colo valvebidy just the pan and filter. The bell is gonna have to be from a 60* v6 or 4cylinder. The I5 and L6 engines are different than the v6. The L6 has the starter hump in a different location and I assume the I5 does as well not to mention the bolt pattern to block is different.

Buddrow